Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Daredevils.

Dark brown faux fur jacket, H&M. Sheer purple shirt, "Annika", Monki. Black mini skirt, Weekday. Black vinyl(ish) leggings, Johanna Vikman. Black knitted headband and black harness boots, Nelly.

(Photos by me.)

I always thought this type of headband didn't work for me. Can't really remember why - something to do with the shape of my head, probably. Actually... now I'm starting to think that maybe this is the kind that I never managed to look good on me (which sucks, since they're soooo pretty!), and I just got those two mixed up. That's probably it. Because these knitted ones seem to look perfectly fine.

Ah, I used to wear these leggings all the time back in 2007. They always were the greatest conversation starters - it happened at least ten times that old ladies at the bus stop asked if they could, ehmm, touch them. "Such an interesting material!" Oh stop it, they were cute old ladies, not perverted. I guess they're not "in" anymore (the leggings, not the old ladies; old people never go out of style), but we're not supposed to care about that, are we? I thought they were quite fierce with this outfit, that might have turned out a bit too nice with a more plain pair of tights.

Remember when I told you that my favorite store Monki has named a shirt after me? Obviously that's not true, but they did name a shirt Annika, and of course I had to have it. And here it is! I put on the blouse and then created the outfit around it, apparently trying to channel some sort of 70's and 80's glam rock vibe.

Don't know if you noticed, but I'm not wearing red lipstick in these photos! Way to shake things up, huh? A pink/purple shade it is, oh yeah. Feeling all adventurous. A real daredevil. Come to think of it, that's probably what I'd call my glam rock band. The Daredevils. Our music would be just as awful as our band name, but we'd wear killer stage outfits!



25 comments:

  1. Beautiful Annika!! I usually wear anything on my head... not sure if it looks always good I always try... about the leggins I wore them last year many times until I gave them to a friend... suddenly I wanted them back! Things like that usually happens.. Great blue shades on the images <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i touch those leggings too... they seem, so soft? Are they? so freaky)

    You look gorgeous, i hope you are feeling better as well. Sending you kitty cat hugs from Ireland (literally, I participated in a protest recently to help ferral cats - dressed as a giant human cat of course!) >'.'<

    akisforkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the new lipstick, but i looked the red too. those leggings do remind of hair metal spandex, but in a modern, i don't care if it's not 2007, they still look good, trendy or not, way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so pretty ! I love outfit esp shoes.

    stay in touch please

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Not-Her-Business/122400234532795

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous, of course the knitted headband suits you! I can't wait to break mine out, it's not quite cold enough in London yet... gorgeous shirt too, I adore Monki! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. when I look at you I fortget what I wanted to say. You're so beautiful!
    I love your Annika shirt.

    with love,
    your opinion is VERY important for me!http://chocarome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't tell you how much i love this outfit. i think it's the most beautiful outfit in weeks. this headband looks so good on you. much better than every cap you were wearing! really darling, you look fabulous! the 8th photo is my favourite photo of you.
    you inspired me with this outfit, as i have the same headband and a skirt which looks the same, too. and of course i have the "2007 leggins" deep hidden in my closet. :)

    have a nice evening, my lovely.
    nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  8. looove the Annika shirt <3


    GIVEAWAY - YOUR EYES LIE last hours!!!

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing outfit. How do you do that you always look good?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okey Annika. May I Join The Band ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get what you mean with that turban-headband thing. It's so frustrating to wear one cause it just won't look as good as on Rachel Marie or Nadja Seale. sigh. Maybe we just need to find the perfect material, size and color for our heads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW you have amazing lips! Love the top too, beautiful shade of purple <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great in the headband! I think they look awesome - on everyone else. Maybe I should be a daredevil and try one on? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. jag plockade faktiskt fram mina wester lacklegging häromdagen också och tyckte att de kändes roliga igen, hade klumpiga kängor nu istället för klackar som jag hade 07 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look stunning!
    love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snyggt! Blusen är superfin, är den lila? Jag har sett att det finns en tröja, tror jag det var, döpt efter mig ocksa ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Annika,

    came across your blog and thought you might be interested in my site. We have a fantastic selection that I thought would be to your taste.

    http://www.paulieclothing.com/

    ReplyDelete