Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Monki Wishlist: Colorize It.



Yeah, yeah. So I got a little crazy with those pretty autumn leaves in Photoshop. It could happen to anyone.

While my fall wardrobe looks a lot more like my first Monki wishlist, this is sort of what I'm aiming for. Bright, vibrant colors, though still from that amazing fall palette - mustard, plum, navy and that gorgeous burnt orange. There's no way I'll turn away from the Dark Side and go all Color Crazy on you, but hopefully I'll be able to incorporate some more colorful elements into my looks this season.

Though I'll have to do it fast - it feels like fall has just barely arrived, and still I know that those sneaky snowflakes will start falling any day now! And in Sweden, winter means a whole different wardrobe, where keeping warm needs to come first. I mean needs to. Putting prettiness first would lead to all of us freezing to death, and there is nothing I'm less keen on than to die young and become a beautiful, fashionable corpse. But with that said, I'm looking forward to the challenge of looking at least semi stylish even with a red nose, covered in six layers of tights! (Yes, I do wear six pairs of tights during the winter months. Might settle for three if I'm wearing thick pants on top.)

Not speaking of colors, but speaking of Monki - today I noticed that there is a new, stunning grey shirt in their webshop, with the most flattering name!


I hope we an all agree on pretending like this was, in fact, named after yours truly. Considering that I walk around most days like a living, breathing billboard for the brand, I think it's only fair that I get to hold on to that sweet, sweet illusion!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the orange shirt! I think orange has a good chance to become my favorite fall color this year ;) why does Monki only accept master oder visa card? That's not fair! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, look at the colors! Love every item!
    I wish my fall wardrobe could be as colorful, oh well - no harm in trying!
    I think I might get myself an Annika shirt, hm... ;) From now on, every shirt similar to this one will be referred to as the Annika shirt, well in my book atleast!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the little flash of bright amid the more neutral colours. I have to admit, I often stick to my comfort and never wear brights, but maybe this winter I'll get some colourful gloves to break myself in gently!

    witchhare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooh! these colors are amazing! I love everything they sell, I do!
    p.s. I sometimes pretend like the Mulberry Daria bags were named after me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love autumn! although we only have two seasons here (summer and rainy.darn!), I still daydream about autumn leaves! Am I crazy or what? Haha! Orange and Black are my fave colors! Oh and I think that sweat shirt really suits your name. With Liberty and primness and free-flowing freedom in the description, yeah I agree it's pretty obvious it was named after you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops! it's a blouse not a sweat shirt! sorry my bad! It's just that I see all long-sleeved tops as sweatshirts. sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this.

    my blog♥mfashionfreak

    Please follow me if you're not already. I'd love to get more followers! I'll follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. would you still photograph the sneaky snowflakes, red nose & all, while shivering through layers of fabric? for now, i'd happily dance around in that royal blue dress, wearing those mustard booties, while i stomped through crunchy leaves.
    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want those yellow shoes so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this yesterday and I really wanted to tell you about it but I thought you'd know about it already! Haha, c:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those gloves with the bows on them are adorable! I would love to visit Sweden one day but I think it will have to be in summer, having to wear six pairs of tights sounds too cold for me!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I like the Piccolina-shirt and the peach mini skirt. Do I dare to take a look at Monkis webpage? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shirt!Love the color!:)
    I'v just discovered your blog,really nice!You have great sence for style and looks great!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Monki wishlist Annika!! .... Is so fun you found a blouse named just like you... It would be great if I find an item called Aminta....lool !!


    amintasfashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annika I have sent you a couple of emails with no answer maybe I don´t have the right adress.. please send it to me!!
    Thanks

    amintasfashion

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the items you've picked, especially the mustard boots. I wouldn't mind having them in my closet, haha!
    But is winter in Sweden seriously that bad? I'm going on Erasmus to Sweden for six months (leaving in january) and I heard it was cold, but I didn't think it was thát cold that you need six pairs of tights (I thought two or three would be sufficient, haha :D )

    Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the quick reply! Oh it's okay, you didn't scare me that bad, haha. I was just worried I had to pack four suitcases in the end, 'cause my calculation of how many layers would keep me warm wasn't that correct, haha. But last winter here in Belgium was really cold. We've had temperatures dropping to -20°C, and I survived. So I guess I'll be alright next semester.

    And Barney is so cool! I kinda hope he's marrying Nora, but you never know with HIMYM..

    ReplyDelete