Friday, October 14, 2011

Let's get to work.


I want to start this day by saying THANK YOU to Gloss Magazine for this gorgeous feature in their October issue!

Now I'm going to drive into Stockholm for a photo shoot - to stand behind the camera, that is, not in front of it. My boyfriend has been teasing me about the fact that my niche as a photographer is more than a little narrow at the moment, considering the only person I've been paid to photograph lately is... my own mother. (Not a bad niche, though - we've shot three book covers, a few dozen press photos and a bunch of magazine features!)

Anyway, now he needs to shut up, because today I'm shooting press pictures for, ehm, my mother's best friend! She is also an author, she's releasing a new book soon and needs new photos to go with it. I'm a little bit nervous - what if she's not happy with the result? What if it turns out I actually suck at this kind of photography, that the only people I'm good at shooting are my mom and myself? Well, we will soon find out. And I might be nervous, but at the same time I'm pretty confident - she is a beautiful woman, what could go wrong? As long as I don't leave my camera at home or forget to remove the lens cover, we should be fine! (Hopefully I will notice if all the photos contain nothing but black squares.) :)

I'll talk to you again tonight - keep your fingers crossed I don't mess up today!

17 comments:

  1. Come one, you're talking silly! You know you'll do great. Just believe in yourself!

    my blog♥mfashionfreak

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are going to do absolutely fantastic darling. you are going places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time, and congrats on the feature!

    www.monochromemagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you're getting paid to do something you enjoy. I wouldn't care if it was my mother

    Also, eeep! You're so close to 1,000 followers. I'm very proud of you :)

    -Laura xx
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats girl! You deserve it. You always are so stylish in your own way!

    xx
    en la moda

    kristellouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same sentiments - I wouldn't worry whether you suck at it or not - your pictures are what drew me to your blog in the first place - you have to know what you're doing to get images like that - so it will naturally transition when someone else is in front of the camera!

    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
    Enter our Inbar Shahak Jewelery Giveaway Here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, sweetie! You totally deserve this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am certain that the shooting will go fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i sow your looks in russian`s cosmo shopping)))


    http://frau-eismann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!
    And I'm sure your mother's friend will love the pictures you take, from what I've seen your blog you're an expert photographer :)

    witchhare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you will do MORE than just fine!

    http://thewoollenmitten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Powerful visual effects, these pictures are incredibly fantastic. Thanks to your camera and your sincere observations, I am so delightful now.
    romwe streetfashion blog, pay a visit? kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just went through your blog and found this video http://vimeo.com/24484052 ! WOW! this is so wonderful and dark and pretty.
    and i thought i should remind you how pretty you are. you're something between mischa barton and audrey tatou. no, sorry, you're annika. even if i don't now you personally i think you're such a beautiful person. inside and outside. and you deserve to be loved and healthy. you're such a very very gifted and talented person. never throw that away, not even for a second.
    just wanted to remind you.

    love, nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm an aspiring writer, blogger ( I even dabble in lookbook too) and it's really wonderful to find a young intelligent female that is inspiring to read about! You're carving a really lovely path. Go you!!

    www.haemeandrobecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! Gud vad kul! Grattis! ;D

    Älskar din blogg och alla underbara och sjukt inspirerande bilder!

    Läste att du kommer från Stockholm. Jag ska dit snart och undrar om du kanske har några bra shoppingtips? Något mer gömt men fantastiskt ställe där man kan fynda snygga vintage plagg och andra saker? ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the feature. You certainly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete