Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What goes up, must come down.


Unlike his sister - no offense, Bii - Baryshnik is awesome at climbing trees, up as well as down. Or, usually he is. Yesterday, it seems like he left all his downward climbing skills in a drawer somewhere. He chased a squirrel up a tree - and then he was stuck.

My poor baby was squealing his most pityful "mommy help I'm gonna faaaall"-meeeeow over and over, giving me the most resentful look; I'm pretty sure it meant "you climb trees all the time for Biianka, what the hell are you doing just standing down there?!".

I thought to myself that a) Bii doesn't go off chasing squirrels, she climbs trees because the mean Sotis is after her and she's scared to death, b) she really doesn't know how to get down, and Baz sure does, c) I climbed up after her once - in complete darkness - because I was certain she was going to fall down and die, and afterwards I realized that I was extremely lucky not to fall down and break my neck myself, so I've promised my mom I'm not going to do that again. But of course I didn't tell Baz any of this, since he was genuinely scared and needed my support, not a lecture.

And eventually, after 30 minutes of hard thinking, he seemed to remember that he actually knows how to get down. So he did. I caught him in my arms and carried him inside where we did some serious mommy-baby-cuddling until he felt all safe and confident again. All's well that ends well.

Right - Baz also wanted me to tell you that the tree grows in a really deep ditch, so it is actually much taller that it looks. Which means that the whole thing was scarier than you might think. That's an important fact. Super important.

25 comments:

  1. Awwww. He's an adventurer at heart :X So cute. I'm glad there was a happy ending to this story :)


    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor Baz! I'm glad he got down ok :) that first photo of him is beautiful. Your cats are so FLUFFY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two cats as well, but they are indoors because they have FIV. One would be great at climbing. The other is a big baby. I'm glad your cat was OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute! The poor guy, he`s so brave though! And sooo cute! Glad about the happy ending!

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Underbara bilder! Otroligt vacker katt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading about your cats! They are so cute and it is so sweet how you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a tiger in the jungle!!!arghhh

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable post, really loved reading this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures)) and your kitty is so lovely and fury)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your Paint-skills on your cat-photo's, haha!
    And that is one high tree, I'm glad he got down safely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jag älskar hur du skriver om dina katter! Jag blir alldeles varm och glad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is very cute! I am glad that he got done ok!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute cat!! What kind is he? Glad he made it down okay hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adventure! Actually, since cats have more elastic skeletons than we humans, it would have been safer for Bii to fall down than for you, since she would probably have landed on her four paws and doesn't take damage as easily. Now that is of couse difficult to think when the cat you love cannot climb down on her own. But as my grandma said, once they get burned they learn, she loved cats and was harder on cats than most people are today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also had to rescue my cats many times from some roofs etc. so I know how it's like. But they're sooooo cute when they meow for help!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jag försökte lista ut vad mina katter är för rasblandningar och kollade på massa kattbilder, hittade då denna bilden och tyckte han var lik Baz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glömde skicka länken märkte jag nu... här är den: http://www.zoonen.com/visabild.asp?oid=2947742

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, vilken fantastiskt fin päls han har!!/Karin

    ReplyDelete