Saturday, August 20, 2011

Aussie Awesomeness and The Bestest Box.


The nice people at Aussie happen to know that I never use any other products for my hair, and they decided to send me a box full of awesome stuff!

Just to be clear: I can assure you, I wouldn't tell you I like something just because someone happens to give it to me for free - when I accept a gift like this (and I very rarely do), it's either because it's something I already love or that I've been wanting to try out. If I try it and don't like it, trust me, I'll let you know.

I started using Aussie's shampoo, conditioner, 3 minute miracle-treatment and leave in spray a few years back, after falling in love with them while visiting my sister Wendi in Los Angeles. Turns out my sister Amanda and my mom are also big Aussie fans - I guess it works really well for our hair quality (thick, wavy and hard to tame).

But to be completely honest, when I choose stuff to put in my hair, I mainly go by the smell. Itäs quite simple: if it smells good, I'll probably like it. I tried Syoss a while back, when I was out of shampoo and conditioner and they didn't carry Aussie at the store, and their products might have been great... but I couldn't stand the smell. I felt like I was rubbing gasoline and detergent into my scalp.



Oh, and the bottles are pretty, too. Huge plus!

Though the very best thing about receiving this box full of goodies turned out to be, in fact, the box itself.


You see - it's the perfect size for fluffy kitties to hang out.

"That does look really comfy... Mind if I try it out?"
"Sure, sure, you'll just have to wait until I'm done. And I'm warning you, that might be a while."


"Look! It has colorful strings attached to it! I always had a thing for colorful strings. Everyone knows that."


"Hahahaaa! My turn my turn my turn!"


"Don't come any closer... this is my box now."


"Did you hear me? It's miiiiine! I waited! And waited and waited and I'm never leaving it!"


"But... what if I lick your ears until they're all clean and moist and pretty?"


"Well, sure we can kiss and everything, you're my brother and I love you. But if you think you can manipulate me into giving you this amazing box back, then I'm sorry, but that will be when cats fly."


"Oh really?! What if you don't give it to me and instead I take it from you? Huh? Did you think of that? Huh? I was there first, and don't you forget it!"
"Get your big, furry paws off of me! I waited in line like you said! You wait now! YOU wait! Moooooooooooom tell him!"


"You give me no choice. I'm coming in."


"Fine. You're going to squash me like a bug and then you'll be sorry when you don't have a sister to torture anymore. Go ahead. Frickin' sadist."
"Oh sorry, did you say something? I can't hear you down there!"


"Oh well, you are pretty warm and fuzzy and cute (though heavy as an overpacked suitcase). I guess we can both fit in here if we really, really try."


Told you! It's the bestest box ever. A love box. For cats. Thank you, Aussie!







35 comments:

  1. You have your very own LOLcats! LOL! (And yes, my name is really Annika.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made my day. I don't think I'll be able to stop smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annika, your cats are gorgeous! I'm such a cat lady! You've made my day with posting those photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! so funny!! love your kitties-and-the-box talk :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Aussie products! My hair is so thick, they're pretty much the only thing that rinses out without me having to scrub like a crazy woman and they really do smell so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know where to buy Aussie products in Sweden?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sweet of them! I've never tried Aussie products but now I'm very willing to try it out! Those pictures of your cats are adorable!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use the Aussie anti-frizz spray-in milk in my hair and it's fantastic. Even though my hair isn't actually frizzy it doesn't dry naturally smooth and this stuff makes it do just that! Ooh, limited edition packaging too! And you're right, the Aussie products smell gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha I love the story about your cats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hej annika,
    another lovely post. your cats are adorable.
    but are you okay? what was that worrysome tweet about re. devastating test results? hope you are alright.
    kramar, saskia.
    (not a blogger, therefore no link, sorry. don't know how to post a comment other than by using the anonymous-profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, I buy mine at either Åhléns or Kicks!

    Saskia, I'm not exactly ok, but I still don't know anything and am trying not to let it affect the blog. I shouldn't have posted that tweet, but I was extremely upset and felt lonely, and then sometimes stuff come out I should have kept to myself. Thank you so much for caring. <3
    (Oh, and I think that if you choose the "name/url"-option, you can just put in your name!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hej Annika,
    I know it is difficult but try and don't worry about it too much. I once got a result that made me jump out of my skin but it turned out to be rather harmless in the end. You are of course prone to be scared because of the tremendous loss of Fanny, but don't let it affect you too much.

    And I think that after all you have shared with us committed and faithful blog readers during those past months, I think I am not only speaking for myself if I say that you can count on us when it comes to also sharing the sad, worrying and discomforting stuff. We love you for your writing, your attitude, wit, sense of humour, strength and softness, you can't do much here anymore to scare us off :)

    Jag ska halla tummarna pa dig. Det ordnar sig.
    Lycka till och bamsekram,

    Saskia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saskia, sweetheart, I can't thank you enough for your warmth and kindness. You are absolutely right, I shouldn't let it get me down, especially not before I even know to what extent this will affect my life. (And that won't be for another two months - I will fall to pieces if I worry too much for that long!) Thanks again and much love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bawww. Your cats are so sweet :X I love the added dialogue; matches the images perfectly.

    And I've never tried Aussie but I think we have similar hair (thick, wavy) so I might give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS: I'm not sure what's going on that's bothering you but I hope everything turns out okay and I'm sending nice wishes your way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. your kitties are sooo cute and beautiful! i love this post it made me giggle :):)

    i totally agree with saskia. we would never let you down. feel free to share your feelings with us if you want to. it might help. we could might help.

    two days ago i was very upset and sad..so in the evening i draw "when i get sad i stop being sad and be awesome instead" with a lipstick on my mirrow. it makes me smile everytime i look into my face in the mirror. it helps me every morning. i know that sounds stupid but it helps me to get through the shitty days.

    and i started a tumblr :) here's my adress if you might want to take a look.

    http://ishoweduthetruth.tumblr.com/

    love, nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww! Totally the best box ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my! love your cats <3 they are so cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw Annika, your cats are simply adorable! They made my day :)

    x Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  20. So how much money did you get for saying that your gift is awesome no mather what? You are suppost to like a gift for christ sake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eh, what? What's supposed to mean? You know very well I don't get paid to write anything. If you don't, well, tough luck.

    ReplyDelete
  22. im australian and ive never even heard of it as im fairly sure they dont stock this brand here! haha. im intrigued tho, it sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I too have thick wavy hair, and now I want to try out Aussie! It seems I'll be ordering online, though, as Aussie isn't sold otherwise in Australia. D:
    Brilliant cat dialogue, by the way. Your writing is delectable as always. C:

    ReplyDelete
  24. N'awwwhhh. So. Cute. I'm obsessed with aussie products too, the three minute miracle saved my hair. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don´t want to be negative here, but just let you know that Aussie test their products on animals. Since you are a blogger of course you have inpact on many persons and I wanted to tell you this so that you are aware. Of course, it is all up to you what to do/write. Here you can search products and find more info about crulty-free brands: http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/default.aspx

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jessica, one of my friends just told me this now and I have already sent an e-mail to the people at Aussie asking them what this is all about. Thank you for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  27. HAhahaha :D this is hilarious :D Thanks I laught my ass off this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  28. your kitties are so adorable :))

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG!!44!!! you should start a cat-comic blog!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Åh, vad roligt att pälsisarna är tillbaka!! Har saknat dom!/Karin

    ReplyDelete
  31. Alldeles ljuvlig bildserie. <3 Gjorde verkligen min dag!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your cats are adorable! They make me want to get a cat or 2 even more xD

    ReplyDelete