Sunday, August 21, 2011

Black Beauties.

Top Row:

Second row:

Third row:


Last time I lost myself in the terribly tempting world of online shoe shopping (or, rather, wish list-making), all the shoes I fell for were in different shades of red. Now, as fall is rapidly approaching - it might even already be here - I seem to have gone back to black.

And as always, I despise myself for actually feeling sad I can't afford to buy any of these bold beauties that would look so devastatingly delicious on my feet. Though, I will admit - if they only had them in my size, I wouldn't be able to resist those amazing cat print wedges. I mean, come on! Wedges! With cats on them! How on Earth could they not be mine? This must be the first time ever that I wish my feet were a size 6. (And it thoroughly beats me why designers don't put cats on their shoes more often.)

I'm well aware I own the Everests in red, but unfortunately, that doesn't make the black ones any less desirable.

If I would have to choose one pair out of these nine that I know I would wear at least every other day, it would be those awesome studded mc boots from Primeboots - and therefor, of course, they're by far the most ridiculously expensive pair of the bunch. Moooom! My birthday is coming up! Hint, hint, hint. You don't want me to walk around in high heels all fall and winter long, slipping and sliding and shortening my Achilles' tendons, right? Right? (Darn, mom, why do you have to be in Florida without your computer the one time that I try to communicate with you through my blog?)

Speaking of wanting tons of pretty shoes, my sister Amanda and I had a somewhat strange conversation earlier this week.

Amanda: "Today, Mom and I were talking about, like, what we would do if we won five million dollars."
Me: "Uh-huh? So what would you do?"
"I told her I would buy shoes for all of it."
"Shoes? For... five million dollars? Seriously? Five million dollars worth of shoes?"
"Yeah, 'cause, you know, their value will only increase with time. It would be like an investment."
"Ummm... Not if you wear them, though? Then they will most likely become less valuable. When people say they buy shoes as an investment, I think they're mainly using that as an excuse to spend a lot of money on stuff they don't need."
...
"...oh. So then I guess that wouldn't be the best idea, after all."
"Probably not."
"Good thing I didn't actually win five million dollars and spend it all without talking to you first. Though shoes are a lot of fun to buy."
"They really are."







10 comments:

  1. Did you see all the Mui Mui shoes with cats on them? Nicole from Gary Pepper Vintage blogged about them recently!

    -Laura xox
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the second one on the second row! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that conversation with someone recently. We came to much the same conclusion :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jag tycker ffa det är så lustigt hur det formuleras i modebloggar - "jag har investerat i en ny väska". Investerat? Knappast. Snarare en fulöversättning från engelskans "invested" som ju betyder "köpa"...
    Suck. Ibland blir man trött på världen.
    Men det kanske blir en förskjutning av betydelsen på svenska (också?), så att investera = köpa, inte något som kan innebära att man hoppas att det man köper ska öka i värde.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a really big influence on me. i just buyed the moist miracle shampoo and conditioner ar amazon. i'm super excited. what can you say about that shampoo?

    what's the matter that you are sad?
    i love all of the shoes by the way.
    Patent "Grace Gore Boot" by Vagabond and Leather boot, "Kareno" by Vagabond are my absolutely faves!!

    oh and i have to show you this doc martens:
    http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3509-1460-w.aspx

    AREN'T THEY LOVELY??? (also in mint green)

    love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want them all!! No seriously, can I have them all?! ;) Great post!

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, do you mean these, or are there others as well? Ah, if I won five million dollars I might not spend it all on shoes, but I would most definitely update my wardrobe with some much appreciated cat prints!

    Annika, det har jag uppriktigt sagt aldrig tänkt på. Jag har trott att folk i svenska modebloggar på riktigt menar att de ser sina kläder som en investering! I... sig själva, eller något. Intressant!

    Nastassja, my gooosh those are pretty! Though I think I love them even more in mint green. My other favorite Docs at the moment are these black flower print ones.

    I'm a bit freaked out now because people have told me Aussie test their products on animals. I googled it and on some websites it says they do, on some that they don't, and on some that they might do it. I wrote the company an e-mail and hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I must admit I didn't even think cosmetics companies still tested their products on animals at all... I guess I'm really naïve, but it just feels so 1980 to me. I'm hoping that if Aussie did use to do that, maybe they've realized how insane it is and stopped by now - especially since I think their products is so great for my hair, haha! (Sorry, I shouldn't joke about this.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got the grace gore ones, except regular leather not patent. They look perfect and sturdy for daily wear. Love the last flat Chelsea pair too.

    Tash
    (milkandmead.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No I was talking about all these ones; http://garypeppervintage.blogspot.com/2011/08/h-e-l-l-o-k-i-t-t-y.html

    I can definately see you sporting the red wedges with the face on the toe. And they're actually Charlotte Olmypia not Mui Mui...don't know where I got Mui Mui from :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. These boots are all so amazing!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete