Monday, August 22, 2011

The Kat Kingdom.


I hung out with my babies - sorry, cats - in the garden over an hour yesterday, just running around, taking photos (me) and chasing bugs (them). It's been so long since I had a real outdoors photoshoot with my favorite models in the entire world, I'd almost forgotten how much the camera loves these kitties!


I truly adore my house, but on days like this one, I can't help but feel that the best part of living here is the garden. It's like the cats have their own private kingdom (which the dark demon Sotis occassionally tries his best to conquer), full of possibilites of great adventures.


Impressive how a cute and sleepy ball of fur such as Bazzie can look so dangerously scary when caught mid-yawn.


From mid-yawn to mid-jump! Queen Bii is not very fond of staying in one place for too long. (Outside, that is - when indoors, she can sleep curled up under my arm for eight hours straight.) Luckily, that makes for pretty cool levitating shots!


King Baz. Hanging out on an old canoe turned upside down. Very regal.


The first photo of the session. I was actually photographing red leaves for an article when suddenly an insanely cute face appeared in my shot.


I collect signs of fall like others do those of spring. I thought this photo turned out kind of neat - it explains with such conviction why I can't get enough of the beauty of this season.


"Hey ladies, look. See? I have huge paws. And you know what that means, right? Huge paws, huge... claws."


Bii making her scary "I'm gonna getcha"-look. Oh, do I feel bad for the poor fly getting locked in by that staring gaze. It will most likely be the last thing it sees.



Baz sunbathing, no comments necessary.


When we were finally getting bored of taking photos (me) and modelling (them), we went inside and had dinner - fish (me) and some goo that supposedly had something to do with fish (them). Then we fell asleep in front of Freaks and Geeks (all of us).

(For you are like me and can't get enough, you can find more pretty cat photos here!)







23 comments:

  1. breathtaking - your photography and the models. cats are my favourite animals in the entire world, I have always wanted one of my own - good for you! they are incredibly precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kitty cats are like the cutest things ever. Great shots. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos ! So cute !






    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh! Your cats are absolutely adorable! I wish I could take photos of such lovely kitties, haha! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look really really cute! I would be happy to hug them :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cats. They're so addictive, aren't they?! Some days, I cannot imagine becoming the crazy cat lady, but when I'm actually with my cats it seems like such an easy and desirable thing to do. And your cats are absolutely gorgeous! C:

    These are my cats (below!), if you'd like to take a look. They're not quite as photogenic as your cats, but then black cats never are.
    http://reimeila.deviantart.com/gallery/29334799#

    ReplyDelete
  7. Åhh jag blir alldeles varm i hjärtat av din kärlek till katterna, den lyser verkligen igenom i bild och text. Bilden på Baz när han solar är verkligen sinnebilden av en nöjd katt. Dina katter är superfina, nästan lika fina som mina tre missar ;)I din förra blogg så vet jag att du skrev om att folk klagade på kattbilderna, det kan jag inte förstå, för den här kattmamman får du visa massor av kattbilder mest hela tiden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess what? I had been taking some " autum " pictures this weekend too... I love how the green changes into yellow/ brown and the flower petals start falling... is a great season to " see".
    You were one of my blog recomendations on my latest mini interview at fashion freax , you can see it here http://blog.fashionfreax.net/es/2011/08/22/amintas-fashion/#more-11979

    Much love !!
    AMINTA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tack för dina fina kommentarer, vi kan inte annat än att säga detsamma!! Älskar dina bilder, ditt sätt att skriva och hela bloggen. Hoppas vi ses på blogawards senare i september!

    KRAM M&T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gu va jag älskar dina katt bilder. Jag älskar katter lika mycket som du (verkar) göra. Har alltid varit katt fantast (typ varje projekt i skolan handlade om katter). Jag känner att jag "förstår" katter, do you know what I mean? ;)

    Sen jag bott som student och bor i en etta har det inte funnits en katt i mitt hem på 4 år (det svider) men ska absolut skaffa mig en kamrat när jag flyttat till något större än min etta!

    Åh i alla fall känns det avis att se på dina bilder och önskar jag kunde komma och gosa med dina katter! Ha ha, även om dom kanske inte skulle tycka om att en galen främling kom "ZOMG SO CUTE" typ..

    ps. Har även röstat på dig.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your cat is so cute , i love your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  12. I grew up with cats, sometimes they are always going somewhere, other times they always sleep. Once they are on the countryside or outdoors, there seems to always be something for them to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. such adorable cats!
    which breed are they!
    sewang
    ps : i love ur blog+wardrobe(especially ur leapord print shoes)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fabulous jumping pic! I love your cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have voted for you Annika! Even though we don't understand what is the language talking about! Just because we love you so much :D! And your felines too!

    We even share it at our blog :D!

    Your No 1 Fan!
    All the way from Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg, your cats are so cute!
    Annika, I follow you! :)


    xoxo, Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHAT BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!!!! i love that kitty ! and i love your blog!

    Love Sigrid

    from

    http://dancingsinginganddreaming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im in love with your cats. they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am a huuuge cat lover too, and i must say yours look very cute and sweet. love the picture of him sunbathing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So so cute!! Your cats look a lot like the cat I had when I was little. Ahh, that cat was crazy!

    I wish we had a backyard so my kitties could go outside. One of mine is always trying to check out the hallway in our apartment, but then he gets all scared and runs back inside. I've tried to take him outside a few times but he was really freaked out. I'm sure if he had a yard to explore at his leisure he would love it! My kitties are jealous of your kitties freedom, haha.

    ReplyDelete