Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Tropical Island Nails.


Photoshop surely is the most viciously evil program. Now I'm genuinely sad that I don't have one blue eye and one turquoise! Stupid retouching, setting impossible ideals we just can't live up to. Life is so unfair - why do my eyes have to be such a monotonous, dull, mundane, single-colored blue when Photoshopped Annika gets to look all creepy and cool and videogame-ish?

(Hahaha. The hilariousness never stops! I'm on fire, I know!)

Oh well. I'll dry my imaginary tears now and focus on the redeeming fact that at least I can have my nails painted blue and turquoise, without the help of Photoshop. I read that when the ever inspiring Sandra @ NioTillFem last had a pedicure, she asked for every other toe nail blue and every other green, and I thought that was quite the spledid idea. I probably won't get another manicure until next time I go to the US - they're crazy expensive here in Sweden - but I am in possession of an almost ridiculous amount of nail polish bottles and two pretty steady hands, so I don't mind being my own manicurist!

I love my nails like this - now, every time I look down on my fingers I think of the ocean. The surrounding-a-paradise-island kind of aqua blue ocean, where the water is so clear you can see all the way down to the bottom and you can't decide which of all those colorful tropical fish to rest your eyes upon.


15 comments:

  1. You could get some fake nails and pratice on yourself! I'm considering teaching myself how to do manicures just so I can do them for my college classmates for some extra cash/favors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great nailpolish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors! You've got awesome eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely nail colors!!


    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. for a second there I thought: now we're gonna hear some funny/cruel story about your eyes, you've never told before, maybe the other children were picking on you in school or a casting lady threw you out from a model agency because of them being so weird!!! :D but then I saw your nails and thought: mayhaps there's gonna be some tricky photoshop thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have electric teal coloured nails at the moment which makes me happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks beautiful. and it let me believe in summer for a small time, again..
    i tried the same with flamingo pink, hahah (no photoshop i swear)

    http://i54.tinypic.com/2mgmvbt.jpg

    xxxx love, nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those nails really look great. To bad manicures is not cheap here. Maybe go a manicure course yourself? I did and now I am giving out free manicures to my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. uai!the ocean on your feet..like all the time?cool! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the nails, they are so cheerful and summery x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty colours, i'm wearing similar sort of "mint green" in my latest post! Also, i totally wish i had two coloured eyes too! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the subtle difference of the two colours.

    http://dustypetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Åh, älskar de naglarna, så himla fint!

    ReplyDelete