Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SHE DID IT!!! or The New and Improved Miss Amanda.


After seeing the absolutely sensational WILDFOX Swimwear campaign shoot by the Cobrasnake (above, click on the link to see all the awesome photos) last week, and falling in love with the hairstyle of stuuunning Anja Konstantinova, my little sister Amanda decided it was time for a change. A pretty dramatic change, I might add, for a girl who's had the same long, un-dyed locks her enitre life.

She's been obsessing about how much she'd love to cut and bleach her hair for six days straight - it might not sound like a long time, but when I say she's been obsessed I truly mean she been O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D! - and today, she just went and had it done!

When she called me and said "check your Facebook!", I couldn't stop screaming. Seriously! I screamed and screamed for ten minutes straight!

Before:


After:



These are just crappy webcam photos (as you can see), but there was no way I could wait until I see Amanda on Thursday to show you guys the transformation. I mean, how incredibly amazing does this look?! I'm so proud that she actually went through with it, and I just know it's going to do a lot for her confidence and self-esteem. Oh, you think confidence and self-esteem does not come with a hairstyle? Well, my own experiences say that you're mistaken! Of course it doesn't change who you are, but it sure can go a long way.

And just in time, too - my dear sister has an interview for an art school tomorrow, and she really could use a confidence boost. Feeling like a new, improved version of yourself when you go into that room to see the people who will determine your future is not such a bad start!


41 comments:

  1. Wow! That's such a great hairstyle. And good luck tomorrow, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, she looks absolutely gorgeous! I love the haircut. Makes her look a bit older ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i love both looks! but i must say i did like it when it was long, flowing and natural!

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly Gorgeous. You Are Alike. Like The Queens In The. Chess.

    Good Luck Amanda With The Intervju!!
    I´ll Keep My Fingers Crossed.

    For Both Of You.

    Love And Kisses,

    Amanda Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Pcitures, Madame. I follow your blog, if you like check out mine!

    Bisou,
    Catherine

    http://fraeuleincatherine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! congrats to ur sister, she is amazing now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister is really beautiful! It's amazing how she's so brave of having such a huge transformation! And, oh my, she looks fantastic!

    xx
    en la moda

    kristellouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. she looks great with the new hair! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! this looks absolutely amazing! still can't face the fact how beautiful it looks. i mean before she was a beauty too..but. omg. this is a beautiful cut and fits perfect with her face.

    my hair looks pretty much the same than here hair looks before, just a little bit more blond, but the same length. and NOW i absolutely think about cutting my hair and bleach it like this!

    thank you for that post!!
    i don't know if i have the confidence to do that step. but i definitly think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think her new hairstyle looks stunning, and really suits her!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How stunning Amanda is, I hope she will be admitted to the art school. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. she looks absolutely gorg! loving the new look amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks like a whole new person, she's gorgeous! (She was gorgeous before too, but her new hairdo is awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gillar verkligen din blogg!Och din syster blev så grymt snygg i nya frisyren!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Little sister is growing up! She looks great

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! She looked perfect before, just a natural beauty, but the new look is somehow... a style. Looks fantastic on her, and hey: lycka till imon, Amanda! Fingers crossed!

    Saskia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Det blev verkligen riktigt snyggt, framhävde hela systern din!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is that your sister on the first photo??? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. how great are the Wildfox pictures?! Amanda looks amaaaaazing. I am so tempted to cut off my locks... but I will refrain until graduation haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lace and Tulle, haha, no, the two first photos are the Wildfox swimwear photos my sis was inspired by. It's my sister in the webcam photos (like it says in the post) ;)

    I'm soooo glad you all like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Åh, nå fikk jeg enda mer lyst på den sveisen. Klippet nesten håret tidligere i sommer, men feiret ut. En gang skjer det nok!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Det blev jätte fint,men som man säger: allt klär
    en skönhet.
    Noah hälsar att han har fullt upp med Berra men
    saknar "Anka & Basse".
    Kram från oss i skogen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ According to Annika, OMG I though that was your sister!!! seriously! she looks just like her!! lovely post! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. amanda looks totally punk rock divine!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. amanda looks amazing in this new hairdo!! so sassy!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. She's stunning! love her new hair style, a very good decision. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. OHMYFLIPPINGOHHHD! Errr, HELLO! How utterly awesome does that look?!?!?! I NEED her to put her Disco Pony back on along with a large amount of black eyeliner and an electric guitar... AND VOILA ROCKSTAR TIMES A BILLION!
    eeeek, I think I got as excited as you did with this!!!!
    Tell her she is amaze for me please!!!
    <3 xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks so much like Angela in My So Called Life, guess it's the length. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. She looks absolutely stunning!
    I hope she nails the interview... she will definitely nail it :)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  30. She looks awesome and beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving Amanda's new cut! What better inspiration than Anja Konstantinova? I recently was lucky enough to take some behind-the-scenes shots of her modelling a brand new label called "Mad Love." She was just gorgeous!! You can check them out here if you're interested:

    http://curiouslookingglass.blogspot.com/2011/08/mad-love-white-dreams.html

    ~ Clare x

    ReplyDelete