Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Filthy filmmaking.


Ronnie took this photo of me on Sunday afternoon, when I was so insanely tired that I'm amazed I even managed not to look completely crosseyed. I'm not sure what he and Emiliano were thinking when they decided that we would start shooting the short film on Saturday at 4 pm, keep going until 4 am, get one hour of sleep and then get back out there. Seriously? One hour?!

If you then take into consideration the fact that I'm still sick with the flu, it might not come as a surprise that I had to cancel Sunday night's scheduled shooting. I simply went to bed (about five minutes after this photo was taken) and refused to get up again. Such a diva, I know! Can't even handle a 36 hour shoot. Pffff.

Luckily, we simply decided to shoot the last scenes on Tuesday instead of Monday, which means that today will be our last day of filming. I'm getting ready right now - or, actually, I'm more like not getting ready. Since my hair is supposed to be filthy and unwashed in the film, I haven't washed it for a week, and with the extreme NYC heat, you can just imagine what it looks like! My scalp is itching like crazy, my legs are covered in bruises, I have blisters all over my feet; it's all very disgusting. A lot of fun, though!

8 comments:

  1. um, what are you talking about??! Can't even tell that you're sick, haven't showered or slept! You look amazing, I'm Jealous! Good luck with the rest of your shoot gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh? What's the film about? An incredibly beautful homeless? Wish I looked like THAT when I didn't shower nor sleep! Haha!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better. Just found out you are in NY.
    xo
    roselee

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you don't look sick or un-showered. i've just come home from a film shoot too, and unfortunately i don't look quite as glamorous as you do!

    elizabeth (thechicblonde.blogspot.com) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best excuse to not wash your hair EVER. But I cant even tell in the picture, Jessica is right...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't reflect in the photo, honestly. you look so gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous picture! You don't look tired at all!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.com
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, you look absolutley stunning (as always).

    ReplyDelete