Saturday, September 10, 2011

The 1950's Walk of Shame.

Leopard print dress worn as skirt, Romwe.com. Black cropped knitted sweater, H&M. Black lacquer belt, Gina Tricot. Black suede wedges, Steve Madden. Black stockings, Ripped by MLP. Navy bag, inherited from my best friend Fanny (from her mother's lovely boutique Räddningsplankan).

(Photos by me.)

I'm aware of how corny this sounds, but I'm going to write it anyway: The outfits I like the most are always those that tell a story, that tempt my imagination.

Just like in my last outfit, I started out with a pair of ripped stockings and tried to match them with pieces of clothing that would make me look like me, while working well together. The result was an ensemble that I not only felt beautiful in, but that also managed to make my mind come up with a silly little story!

I don't know about you, but I see a good girl who one night decides to let loose. I see pastel colored cars, boys with Elvis inspired haircuts, cheap bottles of whiskey and steamy make-out sessions, parents worried sick and one usually so responsible daughter who knows things won't ever be the same, but who can't help thinking that it's worth it. I see her coming home late the day after, tired and with sore feet but calm and collected, ready to face the consequences of her actions. And I have the feeling she just might be in love.

Here in the real world, one of my cats has just puked up a hairball on the carpet and I'm trying to clean it the best I can while Ronnie is making soup for lunch. Just another Saturday afternoon.












21 comments:

  1. Great story! :) I would love to "visit" the 50's. The dresses, the cars, the cocktails... Oh my. I think I would fall in love with everyone. Hope you're having a great Saturday afternoon. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Annika,
    It's really remarkable how you 've made a ripped pair of stockings look that classy!
    Apart from your amazing (as always) looks you are an absolutely inspiring and beautiful in all aspects person.
    Love,
    Melenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit! Your skirt and your wedges are amazing! xxx

    eloisedephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story... I totally see it ;). By the way, that fifth picture blew me away. You are stunning and your style impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are beyond brilliant!

    I know I was born in the wrong era, oh how I wish I saw the 40s and 50s!

    x Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stories. No matter they're from real life or from your imagination.
    And I was surprised - 'photos by you'? Tell me your secret, how you manage to do everything so great by taking photos of yourself. with composition, focus, etc.

    http://ieva-thecraze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are adorable! That skirt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you look amazing! I adore the skirt and the shoes are wonderful :)
    -P.
    Bowtie Diary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shots as always! If I'd ever have to book a model, I'd book you!
    xxx

    London Last Night

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovelovelove your outfit! that bag and that skirt- they're so gorgeous!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the photo in which your hair is going WHOOSH! beautiful. lovely story that goes along with the shoot - you're truly dedicated!

    pandaphilia fashion
    jewelry giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, NO walk can make you, or the outfit look bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe, that reminded me of the Virgin Suicides for some reason. Which, by the way, if you haven't seen it definitely go watch it right away.
    http://projectadoration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Outstanding!
    Clothes are always talking about something :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, cat hair balls!! How I don't miss those (or the dreadful sound accompaniaments that pre-empt the deposit!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Du är så otroligt vacker, från insidan och ut!

    ReplyDelete
  18. there's something so humanly real about ripped stockings, cause no one can live up to perfection.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete