Sunday, September 11, 2011

Red Lobster and Boots to Match.

Red patent boots, Vagabond. Black leather jacket, Sofifi. Brown leather satchel, Vero Moda. Black velvet tights, Monki. Cropped black sweater, H&M. White lack socks, Lindex. Purple beret, Åhléns. Black high-waisted skirt, Asos.com. Glasses, Chanel. Lipstick, "Are you red-dy" by Maybelline.

(Photos by my baby sis Amanda - thanks, dear!)


On Friday, Ronnie and I drove up to Stockholm to celebrate the birthday of the most important woman in my life - my amazing mother, Liza.


You only turn 49 once, so my mom gathered the family to the feast of all feasts!


We had goat cheese salad...


...pink champagne...


...and lobster. Oh, plus shrimps, and then a ridiculous amount of ice-cream for dessert. All of my favorite things in one night! Can you believe it? Good Lord, I ate until I thought Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake was going to squirt out of my ears!

I hope you like my new red patent boots as much as I do - I'm trying not to shop that much at the moment, but I simply couldn't resist these shiny beauties. I mean, at least they're not high heeled, right? And you can't have too many pairs of comfortable shoes? Right right right? Hmm. Anyway. They're crazy pretty. And so red! And shiny! Did I say that already? I did. But they aaaare.

In six days, my little sister Amanda and I will be dressing up in flowy dresses and platform heels and I'm bringing her as my date to the annual VeckoRevyn Blog Awards gala. I've been nominated a couple of times before but I have yet to win - my Swedish blogs just haven't had enough readers, and on top of that, I feel so pathetic when I'm supposed to beg people to vote for me. I probably still don't have enough readers (this blog is not even four months old!), and I still feel pathetic asking you to vote for me; but, well, I'm also a terribly sore loser. So I am going to ask you to please please pleeeeease vote for me, here! It will only take you ten seconds - you scroll down to the bottom of the page, click "Annika Marklund" and press the big, pink button where it says "Rösta" ("vote" in Swedish).

On Thursday, this blog will be four months old, and we're going to celebrate this occasion with an AWESOME giveaway! I mean truly awesome! Don't miss it, I'm telling you.








28 comments:

  1. fingers crossed for you :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and - judged by the photos - I think you didn't have any complaint with the look of the food :] We know how you need the beautiful presentation of the dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't vote for any 'vote for me' things, but the thing is, I truly love this blog. this blog brightens my day, and it inspires me. it's the breath of life that I need after something difficult. it really feels like there's somebody out there who seems to be living her life to the extent that she can at that particular time.

    I'm going through a hard time, I guess you could say. I have hardly any friends, and my 'best friends' have been saying things behind my back. and I know you aren't entirely 'happy' or even 'okay', but you give me hope. you have hope that you will be, and you give me hope that I will be.

    I love you Annika :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you mixed and matched colors in a very subtile way. The purple bonnet, cognac satchel and bright red boots really work together! Give your mom a big birthday hug from me! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me hungry with that goats cheese salad picture!!!

    What a great outfit! Those red shoes are AMAZING!!! I love your beret colour as well!

    PS. Holding a giveaway soon - fancy winning a vintage dress of your choice? :)

    x Aliya
    papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're beautiful, I love your boots! Actually your outfit :) following you!
    //www.fashion-ice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annika, I love love your chilled look here- esp the gorgeous red boots- they are wonderfully, wonderfully red!
    And that food is fabulous!
    I find it hard to believe your blog has only been around that long- you write like a seasoned pro! I'd vote for you if I had a vote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kezzie, thank you sooo much! "A seasoned pro", that's quite the compliment. ;) But why wouldn't you have a vote? Everyone has a vote! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous outfit! Love your beret!
    I voted for you! You deserve to win!
    Vera
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mama is a hottie!
    I have posted a small clip of me and my cat on my latest post, Annika. I know you like cats too, so hope it cheers you up even though its only 25 seconds. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Voted :) You really deserve it! Hope you win!! Love your outfit, that boots <3 Gorgeous like always!

    Love,
    http://thefashiondreamcatcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. voted! you're most def going to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is awesome! love this outfit!! some how you look really different in this post! :)

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are seriously fun boots and I see no flaws in your justification. approved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' the beret lady! :)

    x

    http://fandabbydozie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog might have only been around for 4 months but you have more followers than blogs that have been around for 2 years. (yeah I'm totally being self pitying) You obviously have something that people are attracted to so it's cool to be recognised for that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to your mom! :) ♥

    I am so jealous of your autumn outfits...it's so hot out and sunny here, and I'm getting really sick of it, haha.

    Oooo, I hope you win, love! :)

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your smile is so cute! :) I adore this outfit! The black jacket is amazing!


    xoxo, Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  19. These boots are so cool! And I love your glasses!
    I've never tried lobster, but I really want to. I love every kind of sea food, so I might also like lobster ;)
    And: wow, you have a very young mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. another amazing outfit!!! adorable boots!! the glasses are so cool too! wish I could rock them like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Of course I'll vote for you! You deserve to win and I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you win! I can't believe your blog's so young (the photography & the following). Love that your lipstick & shoes match. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  23. I voted for you. I really hope you win! Love the pop(s?) of colour in your outfit, the beret looks good on you!

    http://heartsandstripes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. like a beatnik writer, her skirt & leather jacket with glasses & red boots. didn't i vote ages ago?

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete