Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Favorite Girls.


Hmmm... I'm wondering if Amanda needs to borrow money or something. Why else would she flatter her big sister with this beautiful drawing? Huh?

(Well, baby, I don't really have a lot of money at the moment - what a surprise, right - but you can borrow all the clothes you want! And thank you for the portrait - it's amazing.)

You know, I'm one lucky girl. I don't just have one wonderful sister, but two. And it looks like I'll be celebrating Christmas this year with both of them! This might not sound like a big deal at all to you, but for me, it's huge. Wendi (who lives with our dad in Los Angeles) has only been to Sweden once before, last summer, and I can't wait to show her our dark, freezing cold and yet quite spectacular Swedish winter! Just the thought of spending the holidays with both my favorite girls... it's a pure blessing.

With Amanda, three years ago...
...and with Wendi, seven (!) years ago.

13 comments:

  1. omg beautiful illustration! love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...hope you have the most wonderful holidays...and the picture is beautiful, no wonder Amanda got into the "super hard to get into" art school, the girls got loads of talent...and you Annika keep getting more beautiful with every update...i am soooo looking forward to the outfits you will come up with during the winter...kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look so much alike! Lovely sisters! I have 4 sisters and we look pretty much alike too. We're often mistaken as twins! I wonder whom you got your looks from? Is it your dad? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome draw!

    sweetdifferences.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are all gorgeous and talented too. Beautiful drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have to baby sisters too! they are my pride and joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. does she have a blog that shows her artwork? i like her style. happy family christmas hooray! i bet when you're all together, you have to beat the boys away with a baseball bat, (ok more like a smoldering "you wish, i don't think so silly boys look").
    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you're so lucky to have two sisters))) I have one)) but I say the more the better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have one talented sister Annika! I'll go check out her blog.

    How wonderful that you will get to show your sister the Swedish winter! I used to go out with a guy from Stockholm and spent quite a lot of time up there. I must say that I prefer the summers in the archipelagos, but there is something magical about the dark winters.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Annika!
    i really love everything you post and your blog is amazing! everything you write about feels so easy to understand where you're coming from! i read your blog everyday!
    Hopeing you can check out mine i work real hard and i just started so i was wondering if you could help me out and give me feedback.
    letyourlovegrowtall.blogspot.com
    love mikaela (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Annika!
    I wish me and my sister were that close.. we seem to have grown distant but Im excited for the holidays too! Hey Annika!

    ReplyDelete