Friday, September 9, 2011

Come As You Are.

Brown (faux) sheepskin pilot jacket, Lindex. Dark grey knitted beanie, MQ. Grey cropped t-shirt, H&M. Brown leather satchel, Vero Moda. Rusty brown faux leather shorts, Gina Tricot. Black stockings, Ripped by MLP. Black leather boots, Nilson.

(Photos by me.)


Five random thoughts:

1. I bought this jacket over a month ago, and I've tried it on with basically every single outfit, but this is the first time it really felt right. To be honest I had almost given up hope of ever wearing it - I only tried it on out of habit, that's just what I do nowadays before I put on the jacket or blazer I'm actually going to wear. And it finally worked! I had no idea all it needed was a little bit of grunge.

2. I own two pairs of faux leather shorts. These weird, brown ones, and a pair in black (worn here and here). Except for the material they're quite different from each other - high waist/low waist, brown/black, bought in different cities with five (!) years in between - but they do have a couple of things in common, as well: they are both from the Swedish budget chain Gina Tricot, and I'm apparently one of the very few people who thought they're fun enough to spend money on. Not that much money, though, since they were both on sale for 49 SEK (around 7 USD/5 EUR).

I very rarely find anything at all at Gina Tricot, but these shorts, I don't know... it's like, I enter the store and there they are, huge piles of leather-ish ugliness, meant to be sold for eight times the price. (Okay, I'm terrible at maths, but something like that.) And noone wants them. People might even take a look at them and laugh. How sad is that? They can't help that they're ugly! So, well, I had to rescue them. First the black pair, five years ago, and now these brown ones. Because they are huuuuman and they neeeeed to be loooved, just like everybody else does! Alright, maybe not human, but we can't be entirely sure clothes don't have feelings.

3. Hmm. The camel toe effect of these shorts is not a hundred percent flattering. In their defense, it didn't look like that before I added a whole lot of contrast in Photoshop. But hey, I am a woman, and if that shows - fine by me.

4. In my opinion, tights and stockings that are already ripped is a splendid idea. It's not like I'm not going to tear them anyway, why not make a point out of it? Plus, I thought it was kind of sexy to get a package sent home with ripped stockings inside. I felt a bit like a dirty old man buying used lingerie for kicks. What could be more sexy than that? (Please insert smiley here if you need to.)

5. I definitely should stop writing right now. I'm so tired I guess you could say I'm about 40% asleep, which means that the stuff I write is way too similar to those conversations you sometimes have with people when you answer the phone while sleeping and have absolutely no recollection of when you finally wake up.

You guys are all awesome and I'm thrilled you care to read my blog and comment, it makes my life so much easier to stand.









23 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of all your beautiful autumn outfits...it was really, really, really hot here today, and I was upset. Haha, I was really liking the cooler whether and then it just had to get messed up! ;)

    That jacket looks so comfy, and I love how you styled it too. I love the second paragraph of the second random thought. It's kinda like how me and my sister felt after watching Toy Story 1 & 2 too many times...we would periodically go through all of our toys and talk to them, hug them, whatever, so they'd feel loved. And then we'd buy random toys from garage or yard sales, even if we didn't really want them. Hahahaha. :)

    I hope you had a great day today! ♥

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol i have to admit i would be laughing at those shorts too but they look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, never have I seen ripped jeans look so cool! You really look like a model in these amazing photos, which look like they've come out of a fashion magazine :)

    www.bytoks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vad är shortsen från Gina? Åh vad fina, undrar om man kan fortfarande hitta de i butiken =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! love it!

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Om du kommer sådär till skolan skulle jag kunna börja plugga igen bara för att få vara din kursare. Och för att du är lika fin inuti också förstås.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your camel toe remark made me giggle ... he he he x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look incredibly Parisian in this! Gorgeous, as per usual ;)

    Much love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love that jacket... Its basically a staple on my wish list, but I never find the perfect one... (that is affordable)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look beautiful in this outfit annika! you made me like the combination of brown and black. because i never wore brown and black together because i always thought that the colors don't fit. that made my life very complicated in the past. because i have a lot of black AND brown, when it comes to shoes, bags and jackets. and i could never combinate them :D maybe i should give em a try?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the satchel, would want one for myself. And - although it's not really important to say, but it just has to be said; you are so beautiful, and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you are almost too beautiful in these pictures, SO jealous! Those eyes!! Lovely outfit. XXxX rosepetalsandribbons

    ReplyDelete
  14. Klockren klädsel! Jag inspireras mycket av dig annika.
    Mvh Fia

    ReplyDelete
  15. And if it shows that you are a woman?, well your shorts and stockings ARE quite sexy, as you already know.

    I hope you get a good nights sleep and feel bether afterwards. ( I am the one to talk, I spent almost two hours last night thinking about some insightful reading about love and relationships that kept me awake).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute tights and your jacket is amazing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was on the hunt for the perfect pair of leather shorts today myself! I found a lovely vintage brown suede swingy skirt for 15 but my butt is way too big for these kind of shorts I decided haha. Oh boy, yes. They look GORGEOUS on you though ;)...Still too hot here to wear my skirt but pics soon.
    xx
    Izzy
    www.misadventuresofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Powerful visual effects,these pictures are incredibly fantastic.BEAUTY IS ANGEROUS..
    romwe-romwe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vilket bra fynd! Och jag älskar din blogg so far ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are silly! i want that outfit for myself.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete