Thursday, September 8, 2011

San Francisco Dreamin' and Lack of Self-discipline.


For the latest issue of Sofis mode, I've interviewed one of my favorite vintage bloggers: the sweet, funny, stylish and absolutely gorgeous Ashley Ording of Fancy Fine Vintage. Those of you who are into the dreamy glamour of decades past will adore this young lady and her blog, so if you haven't already stopped by, do it now!

Not only does she talk about her passion for vintage clothing and how she came to start her own store, this karaoke queen also shares all of her favorite spots in her home town San Francisco - and I'm telling you, writing this feature certainly did not make me less keen on visiting this spectacular city! Considering how many times I've been on the American west coast, it truly is a shame that I've never seized the opportunity. But with my whole family in Los Angeles and in Seattle, I've never been able to find the time and money to spend time in San Francisco. Hopefully this will change in the future! Especially the vintage shopping possibilities sounds phenomenal - and I have to attend one of the "oldies dance parties" at the Make-Out Room. Have you guys been to San Francisco? If you have, please share your best tips - maybe I can put together a combination of Ashley's and yours and get the best travel guide ever!

Yesterday's outfit will be posted shortly! I just have to get some work done first... Hmm. Come to think of it, I really don't know why I thought it was a good idea to write this post instead of finishing my column. Have to go look for my self-discipline now, it's gotta be around here somewhere.









11 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to go to SF! Can't wait. A travel guide would be awesome. Good luck with your discipline :) Xoxo/Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annika, as any adolescent of our time would say, I was brought up with the blogging phenomenon, social networking etc and through out the years I have come across many blogs, but I must say your blog is the only one which inspires and motivates me and stimulates me mentally (if that makes sense..). I looked over your favorite music and we share quite a lot of faves in common and so just wanted to recommend some good music: "damien rice, stephen bishop, the avett brothers (i and love and you is beautiful and january wedding is the sweetest song), the xx, woman king, melanie laurent (french breathtaking music)". Youtube them and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. åh saknar dina svenska texter!! men denna bloggen är såklart också mysig :) fast saknar som sagt de på svenska...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your columns have been great. The only reason I've read Sofis mode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annika! Måste bara säga att du är så fantastisk vacker! & du verkar så jordnära! :)
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Seattle! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kan du inte göra en lista med dina favoritböcker? :) Alltid lika roligt att få boktips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ashley! She's stylish, funny and all around a fancy fine gal. You should definitely make a trip to San Francisco. I moved here about a year ago and am still discovering all the amaziness in every neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. if i could afford it, i would live in san francisco. in my heart, i am a california girl. my fave place is the haight. with all it's bohemian hippie graffiti art, & vintage clothing shops. amoeba records is my favorite music store. i call it music heaven. in the tourist trap areas i saw great art in the galleries. there were these lithographs by salvador dali of his alice in wonderland series. i've never seen before or since. i wish i could find those images.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/


    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, what sweet words! Thanks for mentioning me, darling. xoxox

    ReplyDelete