Friday, August 19, 2011

Big Sister Bragging.

Oh wow - one whole day without a single blog post! That's so not like me. In my defence, I just got home after having a pretty great time! And maybe I did enough writing yesterday... phew, that was one long post.

Speaking of that, I can't thank you enough for all of the comments and e-mail I've received concerning The Best Revenge is a Good Life. I was extremely hesitant about uploading it, but all of your support and the fact that so many of you have shared your own experiences with me makes me 100% certain I was right to work up the courage to press that "publish" button.


I simply had to see my sister Amanda today - the whole family (well, except me) are going to Florida tomorrow, and there was no way I'd let her leave without admiring her brand new, bold hairstyle in person. And I must say it looks, if possible, even better in real life that in photos! Amanda asked me to give all of you a gigantic thank you-hug from her for all your wonderful comments - I don't think she's even able to get it into that platinum blonde little head that those incredibly kind words are meant for her.

We walked around looking at the new fall coats and jackets which have started to pop up everywhere, I bought a couple of novels at the book store, and then we sat down at a café to chat about nothing and everything.


I had a shrimp sandwhich. (If you've never tried Scandinavian shrimps, my fondness of eating them on bread with mayo might seem somewhat insane. But the shrimps here are so different from anywhere else in the world, and these sandwhiches are the most delicious things! True story.)


I know, taking photos (and posting them online!) of people eating is rude and mean - but come on, I'm sooo nice to my sister I should be allowed to post a thousand photos of her making awkward faces! Right, Amanda? Right?! Yeah, I thought so.


Here you can take a closer look at my orange juice, my glasses and my scalp. I know you've be yearning for the day when my scalp would be in close-up. Well, here you go! (And since some of you have asked: no, I don't color my hair. I used to, but that's all cut off by now. It's darker on top since that hair has not yet been exposed to as much sun and heat - it gets a little lighter and more red with time.)

Photos of this outfit will be posted, of course - I'm just way too tired to go through them at the moment. It's almost 3am and I have a loooong day ahead of me tomorrow. Actually, a lot of long days.

Oh, and I guess I should tell you: my sister will only be in Florida (where my brother Axel is studying, at University of Tampa) for five days. Then she'll be back here in Stockholm, just in time for her first class. Yes - she nailed her interview and in a little more than a week she'll be going to art school!

I'm not sure what I'm most excited about; the fact that she was accepted at the school of her choice (and was considered skilled enough to skip the basic first year and go straight to the second) as the youngest student in her class, or that she will finally be living in Stockholm again. My family moved to Spain when Amanda was twelve (she's now 18) and I can't stop smiling when I think of having her only an hour away! It's one of the greatest gifts a big sister could ask for.

Sorry if I'm bragging too much about my baby girl, I'm just so darn proud of her! It's not like she would ever brag about herself, and someone's got to tell the world how amazing this little lady is.







19 comments:

  1. Wow Amanda's new hair is amazing, it suits her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is amazing! Now I wish I had a sister... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to amanda!! she looks really sassy & gorgeous in this new hairdo! she looks pretty even when she is munching on yummy food! *jealous* hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hair is to die for! Really, tell your sister she looks great =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know!! I should be in bed too!!! But here I am reading this lovely post from the best new blogger in the block!!! Annika!!!

    I don't think there is anything wrong with posting pics of people eating ( I would do it too!) I enjoyed reading this post!! I would love to go to Tampa!! The beach!! Yeah but after Shark Week, I don't think so. I can't wait for your next post to see your outfit photos!!!

    Love ,
    Samira :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had been holding my fingers crossed, wondering if she made it into art school. grattis, Amanda - bra jobbat! good job. I think you are so sweet, sunny Annika, to be proud of your sister like that. speaks of true love.

    kramar, saskia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's really sweet that you're so proud over your sister. I'm a big sister too, and I can totally relate to that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your sister!
    And one of the best things coming home from my trip as being able to read a ton of your new blog posts, I love every single one of them! Can you please write a book?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her new hair-do is simply wonderful. I wish I had the courage to do something so different with my hair.. :D
    -P.
    Bowtie Diary

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad this is the first blog post I've read all day - it's so happy and positive and full of love! Amanda's hair is gorgeous - it really suits her and she looks like an off-duty model in that second photo! Looking forward to seeing the outfit in more detail, and I agree with Blue's comment - please can you write a book called 'Annika's Diary' or something?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's tremendously cute even when she's eating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her hair ! FAB !!




    xx





    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks so much like January Jones, in the best way imaginable! Does she have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i know how you feel! i'm a senior at the university of kansas and my sister just moved into her dom room for her freshman year here! we're not thaaat close but im so excited to have her here!!

    btw whoever did amandas hair is extremely skilled. it looks like she was born with that hair color and cut! love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. She looks gorgeous! I wish I had straight hair, I would love to rock a cut like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations for your talented and beutiful sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this post! so cute :D

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi annika! I am soo in love with your sister's hair! I've been wanting to get a short crop like hers for the longest time now! may i ask what amanda asked for at the hairdressers? please reply! THANKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Din syrra är så fin i sin nya frilla! Jag blev så sugen på att göra något liknande när jag såg det här inlägget igår, att jag har drömt mardrömmar om misslyckade frisörbesök hela natten :D .

    ReplyDelete