Sunday, July 17, 2011

The nail magician.


Earlier today, while Ronnie was working on his column, I decided it was time to do something about my nails. We actually share our hallway with a nail salon, so I didn't have to walk very far... just down the stairs!

I usually try to work up the courage to have a (much needed) manicure and pedicure when I'm in the US, since it's preposterously expensive back in Sweden - but let me tell you, it's not easy for me. I've written before about my hang-up with my short, chipped nails, and it's very much true: I honestly believe that when I walk into the salon, they will take one look at my nails and yell "what do you expect us to do with these? Do we look like magicians to you?!"

Strangely enough, they never do. The sweet lady who greeted me today only said "long time since your last manicure, yeah?". So I said, "yeah". That was it. And believe it or not - she was a magician! No, really. Take a look at these and then tell me this woman does not have superpowers:





I mean... my hands almost look healthy! Who would have thought that was even possible?



I didn't have to think twice about what color to pick! What could be more appropriate than Big Apple Red?

Now Ronnie and I (plus my Big Apple Red nails) are going out to Williamsburg to meet up with Sandra and her friends. My first time ever in Brooklyn! I'll try not to get to disappointed if I don't spot the Humphrey family - I'll have to keep repeating it like a mantra, "tv show characters, not real people. Tv show characters, not real people. Tv show characters"... you get the point.



8 comments:

  1. Your nails look great! I have this colour and love it!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look great! I'm so tempted to get this colour now, even though OPI is $20/bottle in Australia D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look wonderful! And that color is so beautiful and appropriate ;)
    Have fun with your friends!

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, she really, really did a great job! Your nails look perfect! And the colour is so beautiful, red is so classy and elegant, you can never be wrong with it. Especially, when the colour's name is Big Apple Red ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great nails, you did truely meet a magician! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looove that jacket!!! :P

    hahaha, your nails look great! magician indeed! ;)

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. what did you do with your nails before? haha
    but now they look absolutlely beautiful!
    i have to think about manicure too..

    ReplyDelete