Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Getting lost while going to a music festival, or bringing "swell" back.

Black faux leather shorts, Gina Tricot. Nude (and very wrinkled) oversized t-shirt, H&M. Black bowler hat, Monki. White knitted socks, Lindex. Black army boots, Nilson.

I had this idea that for my first real work day at my new office, I would be super serious and wear an outfit that just screams "look at me, I'm working in an OFFICE!". Like something out of Mad Men - or, at least, Wall Street. Well... that didn't happen. You see, when I started getting dressed yesterday, I came to the conclusion that I don't even own any proper office clothing. Or, if I do, they're still hidden away in the moving boxes I have yet to unpack. (Come on, I've only lived in this house for a year and a half... give a girl a break! I will get to it!) ;)

So, instead, I spent my first day at the new office dressed like I'd gotten lost while going to a music festival. Not that it mattered - I didn't meet one single person in the building, so as far as anyone knows, I could have walked around looking like a Joan Holloway clone... Without the hair, the cigarettes and those incredibly sexy curves, that is. I did get the lipstick right, though! Come to think of it, she might not wear red lipstick that often. Well, she should. It would go perfectly with her look. Yeah, I think the Mad Men crew should absolutely use me as a beauty consult. Hello, Mad Men crew! I'm available! And I have so much great advice to contribute with - I'll tell every single actress in the show she should use even more red lipstick. And maybe some for Don Draper as well. Mix it up a bit.

Okay, I'm rambling, I know. I tend to do that. But at least I've now convinced myself I should wear a Mad Men-inspired outfit tomorrow! Who cares if I don't meet a living soul in the office building tomorrow either - at least I'll be sitting at my desk knowing I look swell. (Why don't people use the word swell more often? I'd say it's a remarkable word. Absolutely swell, actually.)




17 comments:

  1. Too cute! Loving the shorts and the hat -- you are just adorable. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. And swell is a... swell adjective! Let's revive it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all offices should allow their staff to dress like this at all times! think it will improve one's productivity too!! i bought a monki bowler hat at a whim recently when it's like 34 degree celsius outside!! my head will probably explode if i wore it out now since it's made of wool -____-''

    u look absolutely adorable in this office wear :D

    xx

    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this one. <3 What kind of lipstick do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see your office look ;)) I think it's a great idea to dress up, even of there's only you there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit and photos! Love your shorts, your hat and your top! xxx

    eloisedephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute the look!
    Love the leather shorts! I wish I had a body to use them! >_<
    And a I loved the boots too!

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annika, I am absolutely in love with your shorts.

    kisses,
    Mariel

    ps. check it my giveaway darling... i think you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hat is something I truely adore. Looks incredible. And this may be a stupid question, but what is Mad Men?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gaze in the portrait shot is outstanding. I'll have to think about what it made me think of...? My mind is fried! I have a terrible cold, slept little last night from nerves, then had a wonderful, but looooong first day of yoga school.

    Anyway I have a shoot this Friday eve and I'm copying this look if that's okay, my dear!
    xx
    Izzy
    www.misadventuresofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annika you're so beautiful, I love your style. You remind me a little of Anne Hathaway.

    I'm a new blogger, please check my blog out?

    www.la-vie-en-fleurs.blogspot.com

    Would really be appreciated :)
    Take care,
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annika you're so beautiful, I love your style. You remind me a little of Anne Hathaway.

    I'm a new blogger, please check my blog out?

    www.flowdefleur.blogspot.com

    Would really be appreciated :)
    Take care,
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone should wear more red lipstick always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look beautiful! I love the shorts!
    I think you'd make a great beauty consultant for the show!
    Maybe you should, I'd like to see you as a 60s girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Annika,
    I admire your sweet nature.
    You have so much good spirit within your bones. I adore your outfit pickings too!
    I am jealous of your outrageous beauty.

    love x

    sweetness xx
    hope to hear from you*!
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. great look! i love it!

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxx

    ReplyDelete