Friday, October 7, 2011

Blue Times Two.

For a 20% discount on this dress, or any other LOVE item, enter ANNIKABLOG20 at the checkout! Valid until October 13th.
Blue one-shoulder dress, LOVE. Grey knitted socks, Lindex. Orange suede wedges, Nelly.

(Photos by me.)

I did an awful lot of writing here on the blog yesterday, so I'll try to keep it short today!

I figured this was probably my last chance to wear an outfit as bare as this one before the cold weather arrives - and I took it. I wanted to create a look that smells of summer, sunblock and souvlaki: basically something I'd wear out to dinner while enjoying life on a Greek island.

To get the lip shade I knew I wanted - red, obviously, but with softer and shinier finish than I normally wear - I mixed two colors from Maybelline: I started out with one coat of "Coral Fever", then one coat of "Red Revolution", and topped it off with a touch of my amazing creme bronzer from Manasi Makeup. I usually wear it as blush, but since I wanted that sun-kissed feel, I went all in with the bronzer today - I used it on my lips, cheeks and eyelids, and mixed it with some lotion and applied it onto the collar bones and shoulders.

As you can imagine, I probably wouldn't have worn these knitted socks with the outfit, had I actually been on a Greek island. It was funny, though: I could see that the outfit looked good without the socks, but it just didn't look like me. Something was missing. I tried on the socks with the wedges sort of as a joke, and in an instant the whole look went from, well, a cute outfit, to something I would feel comfortable wearing. That's what I think is so fascinating about personal style, when you find those little things that you can use to make an outfit yours. It can be the tiniest details, and they don't even have to look good, as long as they're right for you! This time, for me, it was a pair of knitted grey socks. Apparently.

Right, keep it short. Okay. I guess I'll just watch the latest Glee episode with my kitties (my little girl absolutely loves music, so Glee is her favorite tv show - she and I really must be related!) and leave you guys to it. By the way, thank you so much for your incredible comments on my last post - I can't believe you took the time to read through all that! You're all wonderful, and you deserve the best weekend possible. You always do.



22 comments:

  1. it speaks of dorothy & the wizard of oz. i just finished that glee episode 15 minutes ago, no kidding.
    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing ! I totally love this outfit and this blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautifully chiseled jaw. I LOVE the 3rd photo in this series. Great lines, great expression, great colours, and it seems there's a story behind those eyes.

    And to be utterly cliched...love the outfit! (I'm always amazed what others can pull off. I think I'd look downright silly in that get-up. But you pull it off very naturally.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea for the makeup! gorgeous*

    ReplyDelete
  5. very very nice i followed you

    hope you follow me back too :)

    http://www.lightbubblepop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the greatest plans for this weekend - doing an assignment with some friends, a job interview and then going to the beach with this lovely boy I've been talking to ..

    I woke up this morning to a storm - woo! so now I am stuck trying to find warm/weatherproof clothes to this interview, cancelling my study plans and probably not going to the beach. still optimistic though. your outfit definitely brought a smile to my face.

    you are wonderful and you deserve the best weekend. just saying.

    also, HOW GOOD IS THIS GLEE EPISODE? :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling Annika!
    Your shoes + socks sing a beautiful tune.
    I love the color palette. It's so mismatched (AND I LOVE THAT!) You are unique, and pretty as a song bird.

    hugs (^.^) hope to hear from you *
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute dress! :) gotta love your shoes! hot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annika, it's amazing how well you can pull off these outfits! The blue dress, the red shoes, the grey socks, they don't sound great, but you make them work so harmoniously! You look great!

    And did anyone ever tell you that you have amazing collar bones?

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful dress and beautiful model!ciao

    ReplyDelete
  11. For sure take that last chance in summer outfit!!!!! I love the contrast of the blue dress with the red shoes!!
    Have a good weekend!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow,that outfit is so great ! And you're right, the socks really do add an Annika-touch. I love the colour-block between the blue and red.
    -P.
    Bowtie Diary

    ReplyDelete
  13. The outfit looks so cool. And you're right, the grey knitted socks changes everything. I wish I had something like that - something that made it look like ME, but usually, since I'm mostly wearing dresses, all my outfits look the same. I change my pantyhoes or cardigan, but that's about it... Any tips? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fabulous Annika, and I love those socks paired with your amazing wedges!
    Aah, I'm so happy to hear you love Glee too :) I can't wait to see the next new episode!


    Join my giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your dress.

    my blog♥mfashionfreak

    Please follow me if you're not already. I'd love to get more followers! I'll follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a fan of socks and nice shoes but this really works well - so I'm slowly being won over! I fell off the Glee wagon a few months ago - with all this excitement I might have to jump back on!

    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
    Enter our Inbar Shahak Jewelery Giveaway Here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous outfit! Love your dress, your shoes and your socks! xxx

    free-style-fs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like what you post. please check out my blog and share some comments.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg, you look gorgeous. I'm totally jealous. I just love your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like A Dream. In The Blue-s. Jag Har Huuuur Många Gånger Som Helst Kommenterat Här Och Valt Min Wordpress-adress som avsändare. Men. Je Ne Comprend Pas. Jag trycker och det ser inte ut att fungera. Eftersom du ska godkänna kommentarerna blir jag osäker och har gjort om samma sak - massor av gånger nu. Men BigTimefail. Så nu kör jag som anonym istället - så får jag ser hur det går.

    Tack för en underbar blog. För modet och det nakna.

    PussochKram Nin <3


    http://rebekkahslife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete