Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fretalian Friday.

Cobalt blue dress and mustard beret, Monki. Snakeskin print belt, Asos. White lace socks, Lindex. Black suede wedges, Steve Madden.

(Photos by me.)

My favorite clothing store in the whole world, Monki, now has a webshop. This is both fantastic - since I rarely have enough time or energy to drive for hours to get to one of their stores - and very, very dangerous. How am I supposed to refrain from indulging in all that awesomeness when it's right there, only a few clicks away?

I decided that the best way was to go through all the different categories and order the five items I, ehmmm, "couldn't live without" (yeah right) - oh, and maybe I should mention that this is an incredibly affordable brand - and now I have begun a complete no-shopping-regimen. The somewhat disturbing reality is that I own tons and tons of clothes and shoes that I haven't even worn yet - ergo, no use whatsoever for more shopping.

This mustard beret and cobalt blue sheer chiffon dress were two of the "can't live without" pieces, and I love the way the colors compliment each other. I wore this on Friday when we had friends visiting - Ronnie made the most delicious Italian dinner, which I didn't match that well, fashion-wise, since I was going for more of a French touch. Whatever, we'll just call it European Fusion! Or maybe... Fretalian?


Our friends were, as you can see, absolutely thrilled to get to spend their weekend in our lovely house. Sure, it could be that they're just crazy about eachother, but I prefer to think that they were blown away by our company.

Biianka, who is usually not too excited about having new people in the house, turned out to be quite the friendly little darling all night. Here: one cute kitty butt. 

Ronnie has an awful lot of amazing qualities, and cooking is definitely one of them!

I was in charge of the Saturday morning breakfast, and I took my task quite seriously - I baked not only one loaf of bread, but two! A dark bread with lingonberries, raisins, cranberries and pumpkin- and sunflower seeds. I had one of my sandwiches with brie, parma ham, tomatoe and basil and the other with brie and apricot marmalade.


All in all, it's been quite the pleasant weekend - I hope you've had a good one, too!




26 comments:

  1. How funny! I'm actually wearing a very similar mustard beret right now as I type this! aren't berets the best cold weather accessory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful dess, and i love the contrast in the colours of that and the beret! plus, your cat is too adorable!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. Not only is Monki opening on London but this online store has arrived to tempt me even further!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That outfit is absolutely gorgeous! Monki is my favourite brand too! I bet half of my wardrobe consists of monki clothes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rushed over to the site but I don't think they ship to the US! :( Oh well, I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you. Haha. You look lovely :)



    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. your meal photos look quite elegant! that blue dress is rather fetching. what a lovely hat, paired perfectly with the belt. :)
    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vi vill också komma snart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit! Love your dress, your wedges and your hat! xxx

    free-style-fs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. heey, greaat photos ;)
    can you visit my blog? http://truecolorsoffme.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this outfit, the mustard and blue combination works so well! I really love the details on this dress, so cute.
    I also wish my breakfasts looked that good!
    witchhare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!! what a super breakfast!! You are really a surprise box...
    have a nice week!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this french-girly look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing and love your dress (and shoes)..! Those food photos... so yummy! -akiko

    http://styleimported.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That blue dress is beautiful and I love your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous pictures!! your blog always makes me smile!!
    x Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha) i love your cat)

    http://frau-eismann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! Thanks for your comment, your Blog is amazing!! I don't Know how to follow you because i'm on my iPhone right now but i will Start following you the Next Time i'm on my Laptop! You are tralla pretty, your Outfit is amazing and i understand your monki-Passion - i'm so excited they have an onlineshop now!! :) xx
    www.thefashionbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love your beret, love berets in general :) Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you very much for this wonderful comment posted on my blog! thank you <3

    your outfits are a beauty, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad you spent a lovely weekend with your friends :) you deserve it.
    You look great, I love that chiffon dress and its colour complements the darling hat so well!

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous colors! I agree, mustard and cobalt blue are made for each other. I think the printed belt is a great touch as well. And do I spy mozzarella and tomato? The food looks delish!

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow that suits you so well! I love having dinner parties with my friends all around me! And who said Fretalian isn't a real combination?? xx
    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks really good, Monki is indeed a good store, but I always get so frigthened of the loud music in the store, so I tend to go out there without buying anything. I normally love music, but when I am looking on clothes, I don't want extreme loud music in my ear. Maybe shall check the webpage instead.

    ReplyDelete