Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Intricate Gorgeousness of Estela Balan.

Purple color block dress, Estela Balan. Black blazer, Leifsdottir. Plum bowler hat, "Vivian", Monki. Black harness boots, Nelly.

(Photos by me.)


The clone theme continues - don't worry, I'll probably get bored with it soon. But for now, we're here, we're multiple, and we're all wearing Estela Balan.

I got this dress sent to me by Diana Martinez, the extremely talented Mexican designer behind the brand, and I find it absolutely stunning. Just look at the skirt part - the handiwork is so intricate and simply exquisite! This is such a great addition to my wardrobe, which is definitely lacking when it comes to colorful items, and I love the fact that I could wear it out to dinner as well as to a wedding and feel equally appropriate.

You should definitely check out the Estela Balan website: it's brimful of eye candy, inspiration and unexpected color combinations.

I've admired Diana Martinez' work ever since I first laid eyes on her designs through Barbro Andersen's blog - here and here - and I'm thrilled to be lucky enough to have two Estela Balan dresses in my wardrobe now! (Will show you the other one soon.) And like this wasn't enough, they're also made especially for me from my measurements, which means they basically fit me better than any dress ever has. I usually can't wear dresses this tight (except if the fabric is really stretchy), so I was amazed to zip them up and for once not get disappointed with the fit. Quite the luxury, I must say.

Anyway; I hope you like this dress as much as I do! And thank you, Diana, for making me look so great. Honestly, I feel like a movie star in it. (Am I allowed to say that, or does it sound terribly conceited? I promise, I mean it in the least conceited way possible!)



22 comments:

  1. I love the purple/mint combo. It really makes a statment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect look! You are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so absolutely gorgeous! The colours are perfect on the picture..

    Would be a pleasure if you visit me on my blog too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! u look absolutely marvelous in that dress :) great one! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely movie star-georgeus! :) especially with that hat you put on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. That dress is gorgeous!! purple is my favourite color and I love the way you wear it!!
    www.feathersnfringes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress looks beautiful! Your photographs are amazing! I recently saw your photography post and I've loved your blog since!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post made me smile with all those happy colors! Gorgeous! And the boots are to die for! Fashion envy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course you can say that - you look like one! :) I would love to have a tailor made dress just for me someday. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful, bright outfit. I have a similar pair of boots, I can only wear them for a couple of hours though before the flats come out!

    witchhare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're such a bright and colourful person in yourself, and this beautiful piece really seems to bring out the colours in you. I KNOW how easy it can seem to dress in black and avoid colour, but look at this inspiring result... <3 /emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors on you Annika, I love how you combined the turquoise belt with the purple skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I think this is one of my favorite outfits from you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always look perfection!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. To be honest, it's not something I thought you'd wear, but it looks really good on you! The skirt is very interesting with all the pleating and ruffles, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Åh, Annika. Älskar kjolen. Du ser fantastisk ut. //A

    ReplyDelete