Monday, October 17, 2011

The Super Comfy Party Girl.

Black knitted tube scarf, "Yin", and black pants with double side pockets, Monki. Striped tank top, Weekday. Beige cardigan, Forever 21. Black patent boots, Vagabond.

(Photos by me.)

After reading my post about the perfect haircut, lots of you were kind enough to tell me about the clip-on fringe (or "winge", as they call it) that is sold at Asos - someone even suggested the model might be wearing one in the photos. I really don't think she is, since I've seen tons of photos of her and her bangs look way too natural to be clip-ons - and the reason I know this, is that I own one myself. I bought it from Asos a year ago, to help me decide if I should cut mine or not. I fell in love with it (even though it does not look real), went to the hairdresser's and told them to cut my bangs "just like these fake ones!" - and was thoroughly disappointed. Turns out my hair simply can't look that good. Well, I can still wear my clip-on fringe - and in these photos, I am. (So, just to be clear: I did not get a haircut. The bangs are fake.)

I wear these pants far too often, though usually only around the house, since they're basically... sweatpants. (Which obviously makes them insanely comfortable.) But last night, I was tired and couldn't muster up the energy to get dressed up, and I thought "come on, I'm just going to our friends' house for dinner, it will be Ronnie and his best friend Peter, Peter's girlfriend and myself - who am I trying to impress?". So, I got in the car, I drove to Stockholm and rang the doorbell - in my sweatpants - only to be greeted by a ton of people I'd never met before. Turns out there was quite the party going on in there! "Ooops, did we forget to tell you?" Oh well. There's no law against wearing sweatpants to a party, sure, and I was definitely the most comfy guest there. But still... In hindsight, I wish I'd at least put on a skirt. I mean, I dress up more than this when I'm going to sit all alone in my office all day!

But you know what? I realized just now that this is very much like me. Back at University, the people in our class thought my best friend Fanny and I were nuts - we would get all dolled up for school, in dresses and high heels and make up, and then go out at night (hey, we were students, we always went out) wearing jeans, t-shirts and Converse sneakers. We figured it was nothing but logical: we loved fashion and saw school as a great opportunity to dress up, but when we went out to clubs or concerts, we wanted to dance dance dance! Then we needed to be as comfortable as possible, because seriously, how do people dance in high heels?! I'm no Beyoncé, that's for sure - I need my flats if I'm going to jump up and down for three hours straight.

I didn't wear the fake bangs to the dinner/party, but my usual side-swept bangs - and I must say, I felt prettier that way than in these photos! So maybe I can live without cutting them, after all. Though... I love the red shade my hair got when I edited the photos, maybe that's what I should be doing to get a little bit of change? Go to the hair salon and ask for a bit of a chestnut color?

Okay, I should go to sleep now. I want to be all fresh and sharp for my first day in London tomorrow! I can't believe I haven't been there since I lived over at Hyde Park Corner back in 2003. Can't wait!




30 comments:

  1. Ooooh I'm disappointed, I really thought you cut your bangs! I think it fits you really well! You should really try the Brazilian smoothing if you one day you want to cut your bangs again, it doesn't damage the hair at all... I did it on mine a month and half ago, and I still don't use my straightener ^^
    Anyway, choose what you like best!
    Kisses from Paris ;)

    Pandore

    http://agirlfromlutetia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so gorgeous! love this :)

    xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like you with blunt bangs! Either way though, you're a total babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look amazing in all these photos :)

    enjoy London! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love these pictures very much! great style great energy!

    www.shervinsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these "sweatpants"!! They're really more stylish than your average sweat pants, for sure. And from the photos, I think the bangs look real, but I'm guessing in person you can the texture of the hair is way from from being natural. At least it's a good tool to decide if you're meant for bangs or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Possibly I've been living under a rock but it has never occurred to me that you can have fake bangs! I might need to hunt some down for myself now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so fab in these photos!! :)

    Such a fall feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. last post about you and others bloggers ;)
    http://frau-eismann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your casual outfit feels so tender so comfortable, and make the day seem so delightful just because for that sweet attire! love your style.Your pretty smiles so sweet to delight the whole pictures!!
    romwe streetfashion blog, pay a visit? kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. have a great trip and enjoy lovely london!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought you did cut your bangs for real when I saw this on lookbook! I wouldn't know that it's fake if you did not mention it here. I must say it bangs look very realistic and it suits you well! I've heard that the "winge" doesn't look real in "real" life and are just good for taking photos. Is this true?

    P.S. Please don't dye your hair. I love your dark hair more. But if you insist on making that change, I'll still support you! Have a great time in London! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks amazing, it's a shame the hairdresser couldn't achieve the look! I love your Monki pants too of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, loove your oufit! You're so cute! ^^
    OMGOD!! YOUR PANTS ARE AWESOME!! IT HAS DOUBLE POCKETS!! AWESOME! :D Excuse me, I love pockets! :D lol
    Love your tube scarf, and cardi ♥

    WOW!! Your bangs look so damn real! :O
    I didn't know there was cip on bangs. I would def. try them out. lol

    Omgod @ "only to be greeted by a ton of people I'd never met before", yikes!
    Loved reading this post, very fun! :D

    -Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  15. woo-hoo, love how you look with bangs! and I guess clip on is a good solution if you're hair just won't look like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Annika, nu ska jag avslöja en sak. Jag vet att du har bloggat om diverse girl crushes genom åren och visst, de har alla varit fina och så, men de går inte upp mot min - DU. Underbara människa! Den där luggen får mitt gamla indiehjärta (nu låter det som jag är hundra, men det är man ju nästan om man inte föddes in i hipsterhousescenen utan dansade till BD och the Smiths på sunkiga klubbar i Gbg under tidigt 00-tal) att göra glädjeskutt. Så fin så fin. Ville bara att du skulle veta det.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I think you look amazing with a fringe! & you're rockin' those pants. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe those aren't real! I've been wanting bangs forever, but my hair is naturally curly... Every hair stylist I've ever had has advised against it. One even told me I'd look like a lamb. But for those rare occasions when I get a blowout, maybe fake is the way to go?

    ReplyDelete
  19. that hair color looks great on you, Annika! :D and the fake bangs too! :)



    YOUR EYES LIE GIVEAWAY at my blog!

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh this outfit is gorgeous, and your make-up is such perfection! *__* I think you would look lovely with chestnut colored hair, and I loved the bit where you said you are no Beyonce! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. AMEH! Jag som just skulle pep att vi har samma lika frisyr du å jag och så var det bara låtsas. Men du är fin, även på låtsas och utan låtsas och jämt. Puss.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, when I saw these photos I thought that "Yay, Annika finally got bangs, even though she was so reluctant !". But the clip-ons are a way better idea , they look supernatural on you. It's amazing how the colour of your hair is exactly the same .
    -P.
    Bowtie Diary

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is my favourite outfit of you! i really like your hair this way - maybe you should cut your bangs. i think those pants are fit for a party, don't look sweatspantsy at all

    pandaphilia style

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found your blog, and LOVE IT!!! You are beyond georgous! I love your style. I love getting inspired by others and reading fashion blogs! I am totally following you!
    Have a good day!
    XX
    SIRI ELAINE
    sirielaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. you're really beautiful and i love what you were wearing! :)

    Marie
    so-simple-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. så jättefint! precis så mysig och fin vill jag va i höst ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. OHH you look super cute with bangs! Well I don't know why, but not only so adorable, but you also look more stylish! I totally love it, even though it's fake :D

    xx
    en la moda

    krsitellouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely love your make up Annika!

    ReplyDelete