Saturday, August 13, 2011

Amanda Awesome.

 
A couple of days ago, after having painted my sister's eyes black and forced her to make "sexy faces" for the camera in my kitchen (I know, I'm weird, sorry), I decided that if she ever becomes a singer in a rock n' roll band, her stage name should totally be Amanda Awesome. Allright, I'm going to give you one very convincing example of why this girl is, in fact, awesome:

So, we're hanging out at my house, talking about all the things we're going to be doing together the following week (the party on the boat, our aunt's wedding, a movie premiere on Monday).

I say, "I'm just so glad you're willing to spend so much time with your old lady of a big sister".

Of course, being the polite and well-mannered little person that she is, Amanda argues that I'm actually not old at all.

"Oh really", I reply, matter-of-factly, "I'm ten years older than you. How on Earth is that not old?"

And my sister - my awesome sister - says: "Well, when I was two, you were already ten years older than me. So according to your logic, you were an old lady when you were twelve."

I couldn't even start the whole "but you were a baby then and now you're all grown up so it's not the same thing"-argument, that's how moved I was by her determination to make me feel all young and fresh and still in my prime.

And that, to me, settled the hypothetical future stage name question. Because if there's one thing that truly makes a person awesome, it's the ability to make other people feel like they're awesome, too.

Which also means that every single one of you who e-mail me or comment on this blog, always putting a smile on my face: your stage names should all be Totally Awesome!


13 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me smile every time I visit (which is often!) You seem like such a lovely person and you deserve to have similar people in your life :)

    http://butohcomely.blogspot.com/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how cute. I can't imagine that you really believe yourself to be old-looking though! You always look like a glamourous model.

    Anyway I just wanted to say your comment on my blog has kind of made my day. Made me blush and smile so thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gogreous:) And tell her that she should be a model :) this pic is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous, nothing like some sisterly bonding. Ive got to spend some time with my sister as she is down for the minute, but is leaving tomorrow :( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. she really is cool, love her pict! and she is awesome too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sure has great logic :) And she looks awesome too! Xoxo/Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. "still in your prime."
    GOD :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your blog is great, and I relly like your style!

    take a look at my blog and follow? ;D

    http://thenotebookblogspot.blogspot.com/

    xoxo<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pic of your sister. It kind of matches the pic of you on your sidebar, which I think is adorable. One of the things I used to love doing with my little sister was dressing up and taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Because if there's one thing that truly makes a person awesome, it's the ability to make other people feel like they're awesome, too." -> I think you are awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww such a lovely bond between sisters, I have older sister too so I can relate! And both of you looks beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Speaking of awesome things, check out this blog (no I'm not trying to trick you into my blog, it really is just a great read!)

    It never fails to brighten my day!

    www.1000awesomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Annika, I think you're so freaking beautiful, I'd really really like to have your face and eyes and hair and style and.. should I go on ? :--D

    well, I just wanted to say,
    be yourself, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete