Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The boys all run riot.

White tank top and navy pants, Monki. Grey cardigan and grey blazer, Forever 21. Brown leather satchel, Vero Moda. Black round knitted scarf, Gina Tricot. Black patent boots, Vagabond. Glasses, Chanel. Lipstick, "Are you red-dy" (oh the hilariousness...) by Maybelline

(Photos by me.)

Unlike yesterday's post, this is what I actually wore my first day of school. Not much to say about my first day - I thought we would only say "here!" when our names were called and then get an introduction to the course, but I was wrong. There was no introduction, we only said "here!". A woman called our names, then we were out of there. I must admit I was hoping to get started, but our first class isn't for another week!

But, I'm not going to complain - I got back in my car, drove the one hour and fifteen minutes home, where my boyfriend Ronnie was waiting! He got back from New York while I was at school, and sure, I said goodbye to him in NYC not even three weeks ago, but he has been gone for two months. It's amazing beyond words to have him back home again! And the cats are freaking out. I was afraid that they might give him the cold shoulder after being gone for so long, but I don't think I've ever seen them so thrilled. I'm almost a bit jealous! Like, what, you've only been so loving towards me because Ronnie wasn't here? And now that he's back, you're, like, done with me?! (Justkiddingbutnotreally)

Right, the outfit. Ah, I don't remember when I last felt this comfortable! I am so, so, soooo glad fall is finally here. I've never really liked summer clothes (or summer itself, for that matter - the heat, the laziness, the expectations).

Getting dressed this morning, I think I was probably going for the style of an English countryside college boy, sorry, I mean lad. But with lipstick, obviously. I must say I like it even more than my "pretend" school outfit yesterday! Mostly because it's so much more wearable. And I bit more androgynous = yes please.

Talk to you soon!










30 comments:

  1. LOVE your back to school outfit!
    It really does look comfortable and awesome at the same time!
    And I totally agree about disliking summer, cant wait for fall!

    http://bitterdoglady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you have autumn! It's still humid, hot, and uncomfortable here and I'm lusting for fall like crazy.

    I love the English-schoolboy inspired outfit thing, it's super adorable, and like you said, comfortable! You can never go wrong with a scarf, nice pants, boots, and a cardigan/blazer. :)

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!YOU ARE SOO CUUTE IN GLASSES!!!
    I looove your look and loove the sunlight and background, soo beautiful!
    Makes me want to be there! :D
    Loooove all the pics!♥
    Awwww at your cats being thrilled :)

    -Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. It is just pure prep, and the tailoring is very androgynous. It is so true what you say about this kind of outfit just being so comfortable and wearable, the same with autumn clothes just being comfortable and warm and cosy. Hope your next class exceeds expectations!

    Alexandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favorite outfit of yours...EVER. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. most awesome back to school look ever! now I wish I had worn something like this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorena, I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!!! YOU GUYS BEAT US IN A REALLY IMPORTANT SOCCER GAME TONIGHT! Stupid Croatians with their... muscular legs and awesome stamina and... Allright, I'll admit, I don't care one bit about sports. But my boyfriend was really upset, OK?! ;)

    Maria Elyse, aaw, I feel bad for you! But at least you do have seasons where you live, right? So it's going to get better? I feel truly sorry for people who live in one of those extremely hot and humid places and who never get a chance to put on the perfect fall outfit!

    Eliza dear, thank you! You're so sweet. The cats say hi!

    Alexandra, thank you so much! I can't wait for the real classes to start. Now I've bought all of the literature so I can spend this week preparing, it feels so great to be learning again.

    Fiona, oh wow, really? That's amazing! I actually think I might be one of my favorites, too - maybe not photo wise, but to wear, definitely.

    Mariel, hahaha, it's not too late... you will go "back" to school tomorrow as well, right? ;) And THANK YOU!

    Ebb o flod, amen äschdå. Durå! Stort grattis på treårsdagen (såhär lite i efterskott) och värsta finaste snel hest har du tecknat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit as always !





    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely getting female Charlie Chaplin vibes from this ensemble. Love the double jacket :)

    -Laura xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love this outfit on you! So boyish yet stylish! Perfect for first days of school.

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great school outfit, Annika! And did you by any chance choose the title from one of the world's best songs "Lord Anthony" by Belle and Sebastian? I approve :D

    Alexandra E

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! You look really good in a more androgynous outfit/styel. Oh, I wish WE only had to say 'here!' on our first day of school, instead they're kickstarting it right away. Xoxo/Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you use the word lad. I feel like only British people know it :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this man-like outfit! especially the two cardigans ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the outfit, mostly the pants! i have to say i love this outfit way more than the outfit before :) it fits perfectly to you.

    i really can imagine myself you as the smart little maybe a bit annyoing (sometimes) but beautiful and taugh hermione granger!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this outfit!! I like it better than yesterday!!!! you look stunning sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How was your first day? :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. An excellent blog.
    http://artemida-artemida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this is my favorite outfit of yours you've ever posted. I'm totally copying this look! You look so laidback but so vogue and so...like a beautiful poetess.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh! I wasn't signed in! That was my comment about the beautiful poetess. Cheesy and me ;)

    Much love,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nouvelle sur ton site et.... J'aime j'aime j'aime!!!
    Ravissant cet ensemble!

    Bises de France

    Queeny

    http://thequeenyspost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your outfit! It pretty much embodies my ideal back-to-school ensemble, except for the fact that when we go back to school in my area, it's far too hot and humid still to wear blazers and scarves and all things that make fall lovely :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is actually THE PERFECT first day outfit. I was worried when you said you'd go in wearing jeans and a sweater, because that is not the Annika I'm used to, but this is INCREDIBLE. I need to figure out something as good for my first day. HAYULP!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Came to know of you through Zoey! She speaks highly of you and I just saw what you wrote on her latest post so I thought to myself, I need to check this girl out (and properly too).

    I am in love! Your blog is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this outfit! It inspires me to dress up a bit more when I go to class.

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Så himla skönt det känns att ha hittat tillbak till dig Annika. Tror jag tappade dig ett tag. Senast idag tänkte jag på hur personerna som skriver bloggar blir som ens vänner. Det är en fin grej. och ps, du är som vanligt den mest strålande och vackraste!

    ReplyDelete