Sunday, August 28, 2011

Because life has been insane, but... today has been okay.


I got to spend this beautiful weekend hanging out with my darling sister Amanda! She's starting art school tomorrow and is terribly nervous - so, I decided that two days in the countryside with long walks, thai food, kitty cuddling and a billion episodes of Freaks and Geeks was exactly what she needed.

We brought the camera with us on our walk this afternoon, and ended up taking an insane amount of photos.

Ripped black jeans, Hudson Jeans. White t-shirt, Lindex. My new, aaaaamaaaazing leather jacket, Sofifi. Black boots, Nilson. Lipstick, "Are you red-dy" by Maybelline.

(Photos by Amanda.)

Believe me - I will be wearing this leather jacket over and over and over 'til you beg me to take it off and wear something else for a change! I've actually never owned a quality leather jacket before, only 50 dollar leather imitation ones from H&M and other budget chains.

The feeling of putting this on is so different from any other, and I can't wrap my head around how warm it is! It reminds me of being a kid, shivering in the cold, having your dad put his jacket over your shoulders and feeling the heat spreading throughout your body. (Not that I know if that ever happened to me. It might only have been in my imagination. Either way, that's what this jacket reminds me of.)


When Amanda came to my house yesterday, she was wearing a silk shirt and a pair of satin shorts - very pretty, but maybe not perfect for long walks in crisp autumn air with the occasional showers. I quickly dressed her up in one of my many ridiculously comfortable outfits - baggy navy pants and black blazer from Monki and a striped sweater from Lindex (the Converse sneakers are her own). Oh, and one of my boyfriend Ronnie's news boy caps to top it off.

(When I told Ronnie I was trying to make Amanda look like someone who lives out in the countryside, he looked at me with eyes brimful of scepticism and asked "have you seen anyone out here wearing an outfit like that?". Uhm, well, at least this is what people out in the country are wearing in my head.)


We befriended two pretty horses and seven million flies.


And the cutest kitten, but he/she ran away when I took out my camera. How could someone so adorable be camera shy? You can't even see how lovely the face is; white, with a big, dark grey nose.

Told you we took a whole bunch of photos! Hopefully you didn't get too bored... We sure had a good time taking all those pictures, it felt almost like you guys were there with us on our walk!










32 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that jacket, I was so nervous whilst rolling down the page to see where's it from... and now I'm sad. Anyway. I'm gonna find mine. Maybe not this fall. (Because I've already know what kind of jackets I want to buy, I already spent my next few salaries. Sadly only in my head.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving ur jacket!! great outfit :)

    sweetdifferences.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING ! *.*

    Xoxo, Tiffany

    http://lindesirable-desiree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your sister's outfit! very carefree and looks comfortable. Nice jacket too. Your blog is quite brilliant. Always looking forward to new posts. :)
    x
    Lade
    www.oneblackgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet horse friend photos. the cat photo i thought was a dog, at 1st.(which just shows how well i pay attention). very pretty song! annika looks like a rock chick. amanda looks comfortably warm. my fave lines are: "It might only have been in my imagination. Either way, that's what this jacket reminds me of.)..Uhm, well, at least this is what people out in the country are wearing in my head.).."

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are so beautiful and you've picked a lovely soundtrack for your story. I'm a new follower but I am loving your blog, it's like reading a short story every time. xxx

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post. I do so much know the look people give when you try to explain the character you've dressed like... (they don't always get it)- but I thought *countryside* when I saw Amanda's look~~! <3

    iridescent adolescents

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you look INCREDIBLE in this outfit !!! I absolutely love this jacket BTW !
    And your new banner is great !






    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey beautiful ! I love your outfit and smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing outfit and photos! Love your jacket, your jeans and your boots! xxx

    free-style-fs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is just way too amazing!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again you look perfect :) So pretty, love your red lips! About the outfit it's so amazing, love the leather jacket with the ripped jeans!! You rock it :D

    xo,
    http://thefashiondreamcatcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhhhhhh you both look so amazing!!!! i just love the leather jacket and the ripped jeans i seriously NEED to get a pair of those asap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been looking for a leather jacket like yours forever, but they are all so expensive! Is it worth splurging over you think?

    Kaylee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your outfit is perfection! That leather jacket is amazing! You,re beautiful as always!

    Amanda is awesome! Her hair style is really great!

    haha, I take photos of the street cats and lots of them are camera shy and run away when they see my camera ;)

    xx
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my favorite outfit of your entire lookbook :D
    Ripped jeans (checked)
    White T (checked)
    Boots (checked)
    LEATHER BIKER JACKET (I collect biker jackets for a while now) - checked .

    PURE AWESOMENESS !

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your jeans. fit you like a glove.

    big fan


    kiss from australia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your leather jacket is so stunning! You are very pretty girl, by the way :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your fantastic style!


    www.hellomaja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You were always in my head with some fancy dress and cute shoes, so this is definitely something different! And you know what? I seriously have no idea how someone can look so rebellious but also stylish at the same time, like you do! Thumbs up! (:

    Thank you so much for letting me know how did you put those signs! With "Annika" signature (at he bottom of the text) you did the same thing with "What I'm wearing:" sign, right? I was hoping that the title in the header is written by some font, because I could never write something that beautifully! ;)

    P.S. Sorry for my horrible English... :S

    ReplyDelete
  21. The leather jacket is so great ! And you both look amazing!
    -P.
    Bowtie Diary

    ReplyDelete
  22. I laughed at your boyfriend's comment. Thats the kind of thing my sister would say :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great jacket! A real leather jacket should be in every wardrobe. Remember when I bought mine, it was such a happy day, haha, and I'm still wearing it, four years later. Xoxo/Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really miss horses. I haven't gone riding in so long, it makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You both look amazing! I looove when you wear something more rock and grunge <3 suits you! :D

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can already tell Freaks and Geeks will be my new obsession once I run out of Dawson's Creek.
    Thank you.
    lovelovelove
    Emily
    http://projectadoration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi pretty!

    I really love your blog and your style, I follow you :D
    ... maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too
    ( I hope you like it ) ;)
    Kisses from México city!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simple but yet stylish! Love the jacket! ;))
    http://katrikapri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi pretty!!
    I really love your blog and your style, I follow you :D
    ... maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too..
    Kisses from México city!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete