Monday, August 22, 2011

The back-to-school outfit I'm definitely NOT wearing my first day of school.

Burgundy skirt, Forever 21. Navy blazer, Monki. Grey knitted over knee socks, Asos. Striped polo shirt, H&M. Brown leather satchel, Vero Moda. Brown leather litas, Jeffrey Campbell/Solestruck. Glasses, Chanel. Lipstick by Rival de Loop Berlin. 
(Photos by me.)

I don't start school until tomorrow, but apparently that didn't stop me from trying to look like I was on my way to class!

Though I'm not going to lie - when I actually go to school tomorrow, I will most likely wear something way more subtle. Definitely no high heels. The reason is very simple: people in general tend not to like me, especially in educational situations, and in my experience they like me even less if I dress up. No, I'm not telling you this so that you'll feel sorry for me and tell me that you would like me if you were in my class. Trust me, you wouldn't. At least not at first. Maybe when you got to know me and realized I'm not all about being loud and opinionated and unable to shut up, but that I'm actually quite the nice person underneath (or maybe my friends just have bad taste when it comes to people!).

This is not a huge problem for me, I'm used to it, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to change it. Of course I want people to like me! As long as I can keep being myself. (Rather hated for who you are than loved for who you're not, and so on.) So I'll really, really try not to be obnoxious and annoying - I don't want to embarrass my friend and now classmate Anna - and I'm not going to be that weird girl who showed up the first day looking like she was going to a party (or like she thought she was in an episode of Gossip Girl). Nope. Tomorrow is going to be a jeans-sweater-boots day. And I think what will happen is that we say "here" when our names are called, listen to an introduction and then go home. Hopefully I won't be able to mess that up.

Ah, almost forgot! You know how much I love my cats, right? Well, as adorable as they are, I felt like something was missing from this family. So I got myself a new pet. His name is Jarvis and he's the most cuddly grasshopper ever.



Unfortunately, I happened to catch him in a bowl and let him out the window. So stupid! Don't know what I was thinking. We could have become really tight, I can just feel it.









30 comments:

  1. Great outfit! Love your bag, your shoes and your blazer! xxx

    fashion-music-love-fml.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect look! I really love your shoes! ♥
    Your makeup and your hair is so gorgeous!


    xoxo, Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm not ashamed to say that if I was in class with you and you turned up wearing this that I would think you were pretty damn cool! I love how you can pull off the over the knee socks with the heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Du är helt strålande fin. Jag menar, närbilden! Jag dör!

    Och jag har en tendens att älska buffliga brudar som pratar ljudligt, och behovet av att säga JAG SKULLE TYCKA OM DIG var alldeles för starkt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know exactly what you mean. i mean first day of school after a two month holiday i just thought..well i have to impress everybody with my clothes..style and behavior. and my body of course (i lost 4 kg weight in the summerbreak) and after all..everybody was like..nice to see you again, you look great. and i felt great.

    but i think that's not the same because they KNOW me before. and you're about to make your first striking. i which you all the best :) and i hope for you that you will have a wonderful time and make wonderful new mates.
    i'm sure that when they will get to know you, they will like you! because you're wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit *is* super adorable, but I agree that it wouldn't be incredibly appropriate for your first day back at school. Perhaps a more toned down version of this outfit later in the school year? :)

    Remember my email to you? Well, I'm going to be taking a few classes at the school, as well as my at home studies, so I'm toughing it up and trying to put on my brave face, even if I don't want to.

    Thanks for the encouragement and honesty in this post! ♥

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are my inspiration!
    You are wonderful!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning photos and outfit!! Love. And thank you for the sweet comment, really lovely to hear, and I'm thrilled to have found your blog. Best of luck with school. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're always a great inspiration!

    love,
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute outfit! Your last name sounds Swedish. Is your father also Swedish?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your post!! I always wanted to dress up foe school but I never did because people look at you weird!!! So I always kind I'd dressed down a little so people would not stare!

    You are adorable sweetie!!! I could be your best friend I know I would like you no matter what you were wearing how smart you are or how loud you are :)

    Love,
    Samira

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit! Maybe I should consider 3rd degree just so I can dress this cute to school ;)

    maskofrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are such a beautiful nerd!love this :D
    xoxo
    Decimal Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so adorable, and your bright smiles,so cute!The outfit is quite appropriate and really love it.Good luck with school, wish you have fun there...


    http://romwe-romwe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jag förstår inte hur någon inte skulle tycka om dig. Dina texter är bland det finaste jag läst. Din text var det första jag läste i Sofis mode och jag blev ofta berörd till tårar. Snälla tro på dig själv. För du har en enorm talang som du ska vara oerhört stolt över. jag önskar att jag hade en gnutta av din talang. Kram

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hej Annika,

    good luck with your first day and HAVE FUN going back to school, learning new things about writing, studying, people and yourself.

    You are going to be just fine, and in the unlikely case that they shouldn't like you, remember: 1) they don't know what they are missing and 2) most people cover their insecurity with hostility, meaning:

    If they feel intimidated by the fact that you are simply breathtakingly beautiful and the smartest and most stunning person in the entire room, they tend to feel threatened, especially women. We are animals after all, it is in our DNA to reproduce, so every woman who is prettier, fitter and seemingly more eligible to the males is a danger to survival. :)

    Ha det sa kul!
    Kramar,

    Saskia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like this outfit, but if one of my pupils come to school like this, I would have to send her back home :(
    But I really like it :)

    xo lala

    ReplyDelete
  18. This outfit is so cute! Good luck for school!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck for tomorrow! You're a stunner and lovely, people would be stupid not to like you (100% true whether you like it or not...). x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful photos! You always look so good :)

    xx,

    Mikaela

    Framboise Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so cool. I think it's really sad that we don't get to wear whatever we want without people judging and forming prejudice thoughts, but I'm not gonna lie, we're all human and I do that too. I can't say that I know you since I've never met you (even though I would really want to), but I can't believe that I would dislike you. I hope you have a great first day tomorrow. Xoxo/Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous look! I love over knee socks with shorts and how all the colors look together! WONDERFUL!

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  23. "they like me even less if I dress up"

    trust me, I know how you feel. Anyway, I love your socks, they are so cute with those litas!

    Good luck on your first day. Have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. you look awesome ,i love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  25. cool photos! you look great!

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Annika :) I really like how you can pull of that red lipstick EVERY time! i made a blogpost about red lipstick and included some of your pictures with a link to your site, hope that's okay (fetevosyeux.blogspot.com). xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi annika, i really like how you can pull that redlipstick of every time!! i made a post about red lipstick and included some of your pictures (with a link to your blog). I hope that's okay? xx fetevosyeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete