Monday, August 15, 2011

You May Now Kiss the Bride.

Me: Multi-colored maxi dress, bought in some small boutique in Barbados. Blue bag, Forever 21. Cheetah print litas, Jeffrey Campbell.

Amanda: Grey asymmetrical dress, borrowed from me (it was a birthday gift from my best friend Fanny, from her mother's amazing boutique Räddningsplankan). Black leather belt, borrowed from me, Gina Tricot. Black leather litas, Jeffrey Campbell. Brown leather bag, Mulberry Alexa. Charm bracelet, Efva Attling.


This weekend, it was time for my aunt Christine's wedding! My sister Amanda had nothing to wear, since her whole wardrobe is still in Spain where she's been living the last six years - fortunately, my wardrobe is right here, and we happen to be the exact same size. (Except for shoes, but I took care of that tiny detail while in New York. It's only my sister's 18th birthday once!)

The dress Amanda is wearing is probably my favorite dress in the whole world. It's flattering, interesting, eye-catching and it was a birthday gift from my best friend Fanny. I know she would have been so proud of how lovely Amanda looked in it.

I'm wearing the only maxi dress I own, bought in small some boutique when I was in Barbados with my family a few years back. It's pretty and everything, I love the print and the sheer material, but it has a tendency to be too loose at the chest. Which means that every time I wear it I have to spend a great deal of time making sure my boobs aren't showing. I mean, come on, it was a wedding - you're not supposed to steal the bride's spotlight!

(And as usual, I couldn't resist mixing prints with prints.)

In our JC heels, we were most definitely the tallest girl at the party. At least it made us easy for the rest of the family to spot in a crowded room...

For once, I left my red lipstick at home. There's something about family gatherings that just make me wish to look more, I don't know, natural. Maybe because I know my grandparents still look at me like their little girl, and there's a certain weirdness about a little girl in heavy eye makeup or bright red lipstick. ;)


These photos are from when Amanda tried on the dress at my house on Thursday. We had already photographed her in another dress - the idea was to let you guys decide between the two she liked the most! - but when I saw her twirl around in this with a big smile on her face, there was really now point asking for your help. It was oh so obvious this was the one she was going to wear! Sometimes deciding what to wear is just that simple - if you feel like dancing when putting it on, you know you have your answer right there.




28 comments:

  1. OMG! You dress is stunning! You are very pretty girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both you and your sister are truly beautiful! I love your litas by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post!☮

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of your outfits ;) especially like your maxi dress, it looks great on you. By the way, happy 18 to your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks so lovely on you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dress in combination with the cheetah printed heels, it gives a nice edge to the dress. You look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I'm stunned. You both look so lovely, I see your sister takes good care of the bag :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've always got the coolest shoes. haha. Both of you look amazing. :))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. have you ever tried that sticky glue-bra-substitute celebrities are supposed to be waring under that kind of dress? probably get it in erotic underwear shops or something, it sort of glues the dress to the skin. never tried it myself, though, so I can't judge or recommend.

    saskia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both look amazing! I really want a pair of JC litas!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i seriously need to be braver and try prints on prints sometime!! both of you are gorgeous!!

    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! Is this in Uppsala? At Norrlands Nation? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amelie, haha, yeeees! How on EARTH could you tell?! You can hardly see ANYTHING but the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog, love the way you write, love your outfitts, love the atmosphere here, love the feeling i get when im here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look so so cute without makeup in these! I have three little sisters and we're all super tall for girls so it's always funny when we wear heels to a party. we soar around everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are both so beutiful, have you studied in Uppsala and been a part of Norrlands Nation?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look absolutely stunning in that maxi dress. And how daring of you to combine with those leopard boots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress is amazing! I love that it hits more at your natural waist - I've been looking for one like that for weeks! Jealous.

    And I loved that you paired the dress with your cheetah Litas. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh, the way that grey dress twirls, & the printed maxi dress looks like a painting!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeousness definitely runs in your family!:-D
    I like how happy and cute you two look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your dress Annika ! and Amanda looks Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  22. So adorable looks on both of you. Can't really say much more then that atm, as I am starving, but it still looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look so stunning! i wish i were long and lean to pull off maxi dresses like you and your sis. stay beautiful annika!

    angie of pandaphilia fashion

    ReplyDelete
  24. Annika, I've spent a lot of time on that balcony, haha! Did you see the gold room next to it? It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the maxi dress.. you look great in it and the Jeffrey Campbell leopard bootie, stunning!!

    Cassandra
    maskofrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amanda's dress is gorgeous! No wonder she couldn't wipe the smile off her face! Lovely!
    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
    Enter our $200 Giveaway Here!

    ReplyDelete