Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm With The Band.

Cropped print t-shirt, Forever 21. Black skirt, Urban Outfitters. Cheetah print tights, H&M. Red bag, Indiska. Bright orange suede wedges, Nelly.com. Lipstick, "Are you red-dy" (LOL, as the kids say these days) by Maybelline.

(Photos by my wonderful friend and soon-to-be classmate Anna!)

Yep. My shirt says "I'M WITH THE BAND". Yep. It's corny. But it's also a loving nudge at the 18 year old Annika who was 100% certain she could never, ever fall in love with someone who didn't play the guitar in an indie band (she - allright, I - actually used to walk around in a cut-off t-shirt that said "Support local music - Sleep with a musician". I knooow! Spare me the judgement!).

These photos were taken in a rush early this morning by the extremely efficient Anna, who managed to take no less than two-hundred-and-eighty-four photos in five minutes. I'm no math wiz, but I believe that's almost a photo per second. Naturally, most of them looked like this:

how do i make a gif

...but, as you can see above, she also got a couple of decent ones. I decided that she passed the test, and hired her on the spot to be my official School Outfit Photographer this fall!

...
Okay, that was just my weird way of letting you know that today, Anna found out that she got in to the same creative writing course as the one I'm going to be in, so in two weeks we're going to become classmates. I am sooooo excited to have such a good friend in my class, and I truly can't wait for the term to start! It's been over three years since I graduated from University and I really didn't think I'd miss school nearly as much as I do. Not my specific program, just... school in general.

I miss the books, the lectures, the teachers, the endless cups of cheap coffee - and I never  thought I'd say this, but I even miss getting up early in the morning! Sleeping until late does get a little old after a while - it's hard to appreciate something when you're not reminded now and again what it's like without it. So, yeah, I'm looking forward to having to get up at six thirty, packing my satchel full of books, leaving the house at dawn, when the air is still crisp from the night. Nodding off at the commuter train, hiding my yawns from the professors so they won't think I find what they're talking about boring, falling asleep in front of the tv right after dinner.

I know, I know, after only a few weeks I will regret ever writing these words. But then at least I'll learn to be grateful for the luxury of sleeping until ten every morning!






20 comments:

  1. Rock n roll, I love it !!!




    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have so nice shoes! And I love your pictures!!

    http://tiredunmoment.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about school and such - the long summer vacations make me feel really excited to return to the school-time excitement. And then I get there, and I love being around all my favourite people - but I wish for a long summer break!

    I figure it's just the nature of life - the grass is always greener and such.

    Love the shoes - and the band shirt (and the band shirt story - I laughed).

    :) Wonderful posts, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop staring at your shoes, they're so pretty!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing outfit, I like everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gif of you is too cute! You look lovely as always (of course!) but I always enjoy when bloggers include some silly photos too. Just makes everything more enduring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those shoes, they're beautiful. And wow that's a lot of photos in a short amount of time haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME tights doll... Never seen anything as cool as those ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Annika... You're such a total babe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this look! i just randomly stumbled upon your blog and i gotta admit you take really nice photos <3

    http://helloitschloe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely understand why you miss school! I just love that it makes you have a routine, I need that so badly. Otherwise I just don't know what happens to my time and I don't do anything... Plus, I haven't done any serious procrastination in more than two monts! Time for college!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the t-shirt! Oh, going back to school sounds awesome! I've wanted to take a similar course as well, but it was full this summer. I'm actually in University right now, and before I started - 1½ year ago - I felt the same way as you do now. That means, in my experience, that it's the right thing to do. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annika!! I missed you backyard post!! lovely as always!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look soo beautiful! I really like the 2nd picture! Your dark hair and your red lips look so nice! Your blog is great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have to say!: This outfit and look is totally awesomee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hej!!
    Din blogg är så fin och inspirerande så det inte är klokt! Du fotograferar så härliga bilder!

    Jag heter Rebecka, är 17 år och tänker plugga/försöka jobba mig till att bli fotograf!
    Det vore hur roligt som helst att fotografera dig någon gång (med risk för att låta läskig) men du är så vacker och har ett unikt utseende! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. underbara bilder, annika tjejen! och skorna , soooooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh that's funny! i just graduated from university and im missing being a student BECAUSE i could sleep in until 10, lounge around before and after classes, drink endless cups of coffee with friends whenever i wanted, discussing crazy legal theories.. having no "real" routine :) now im in the "real" world waking early, commuting for an hour on the train, no free time because of work!

    ReplyDelete