Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fall Favorite: A Floral Print Romance.

Flower print dress, H&M. Boots, Skopunkten.

(Photos by me.)

On Thursday, only hours before I was to leave New York City, it hit me that Emiliano still had the tripod plate to my camera in his bag. This is indisputably a tiny little problem considering all the horrible things happening in the world, but it does mean that I won't be able to take outfit photos for a few days. Oh... noo! Come on now, guys, don't cry! (Hahaha, I'm hilarious, I know, I'm awesome like that.) My dear, dear friend Anna might come out here today, and I'll make sure she takes some photos, even if I have to use the Imperius Curse on her.
...
...

...right. As if I'd ever, ever, ever use one of The Unforgivable Curses. Pffft. What do you think of me?! Luckily, Anna's such a good friend, she takes outfit photos without complaining even a little bit. You hear that, Ronnie? Not even a little bit!

Aaaanyway. I thought I'd share another of my favorite outfits from last fall - since I know there has been plenty of cats and photos of delicious food in this blog lately, though not a lot of fashion.

My thoughts when I look at these photos:
1) I MISS THAT DREEEEEEESS!
2) Wow. I so wouldn't style that dress like that if I wore it today...
3) ...which I can't! Because I gave it away! I MISS IT!
4) Why did my eyebrows look so much thicker and fuller than they do now? It's not like I've used a tweezer on them since I was, like, sixteen. (No, I didn't fill them in with an eyebrow pencil. I'm terrible at doing that and I can always tell in photos if I did it or not.)
5) I totally wish I knew how to do my hair like that. But I don't. I merely improvised and, by chance, it turned out quite nicely, if I may say so myself (and I hope that by now we've established that yes, I may).
6) THAT DRESS! I miss it!

As you've probably guessed if you've read this far, I don't own this dress anymore. When I visited my dad and little sister Wendi in LA earlier this year, my sister claimed that she loooooooooved it, and because I happen to loooooooove her, I immediately said "you can keep it". Just like I do with every piece of clothing Wendi expresses an interest in. I can't help it! Honestly. Come to think about it, I believe she might be using the Imperius Curse on me! (Nope, I don't put it past her. She could definitely use one of the Unforgivables. She's one dark little creature, that one.)

Either way, I gave it to her, even though it's the most comfortable dress I've ever owned and I wore it all the time. Wendi, if you read this: you'd better wear it, like, constantly, or I will take it back! I'll fight that spell with all my might! I'll be all like, Accio dress, and you'll be like, Expelliarmus, but sorry girl, I'll totally block that one.

Okay. One more thing that I can't help thinking when I look at these photos... is that exactly one week after they were taken, my best friend in the world went to sleep and didn't wake up again. And then I didn't really feel like taking more photos of myself dressed up in nice clothes. It didn't make any sense. I guess it still doesn't, but at least I'm doing it. And that just might be a microscopic baby step in the right direction, towards some kind of future life where maybe I can't only smile and act happy, but actually feel it, too.




20 comments:

  1. so true..you look beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that dress too. It's one of my faves :) and my most worn dress hahaha

    Tash
    pssshhht.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how much all those Harry Potter quotes made me giggle.

    -Laura xx
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is beautiful. it really reminds me of fall. and like one month before i'd never thought i say something like this. but now it's time for fall. and winter. i wanna wear wool tights and dresses. and i want a new warm jacket and i really want a head.i want to look like blair waldorf, feeding the birds in central park in fall or winter. (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NPef9mdZ0MI/TMFvSZDZyyI/AAAAAAAAAHM/zM-DQla6Pms/s1600/Blair_Waldorf_main.jpg)
    and i want to eat a pumkin pie. that's what this dress looks like to me. yes.

    i'm still so sorry for what happend to you. and there were so many times in my life (not as terrible like yours but still very sad) where i thought.."will i ever laugh again?" and yes like there were saying in the "sex and the city movie" .."yes, you will. when something will happen, which is really funny, then you will laugh again."
    and someday the day will come, when you really mean it. i'm sure.

    have a wonderful sunday, annika!

    xxxx love nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry and sad..it always reminds us to keep close to our family and friends who we love...

    big hug! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, love the dress and tights x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your best friend, I don't even know how I'd deal with that. I never know what to say when you talk about her here, but I thought I should say something. Even though there is probably no universally "right" thing to say in a situation like that.
    On a brighter note: I am so glad you are back to power-blogging, I love your writing, it just makes me smile every time I read something.
    And I love the dress. And your generosity, I could never give it away, especially not to my sister...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got to try styling my socks-n-boots like that. I really like how that looks.

    I can only imagine how that must feel to lose your friend. I can relate a bit as a dear friend of mine is in the hospital right now in a coma. He's the biggest geek you'll ever meet, so I'm keeping him in my heart and mind by watching as many Doctor Who episodes as I can (my friend is a doppleganger for the 10th doctor!). It helps me feel like there's hope. There's also something to be said for living your life the best and brightest it can be. You do your friend honour the most by remembering her and cherishing those around you. So wear those beautiful clothes for her AND for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so much love your hairstyle in this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pics totally remind me of the elegance of the 60s. Your feminity is gorgeous. Wish there will be more fashion blogger like you.
    Already followed you, maybe wanna check out my blog to:

    schoepfergeist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm absolutely in love with your hair, Annika darling. You are a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely, and your hair is beautiful and that picture with the laugh is wonderful! I know what you mean with the styling, I've changed so much in a year, too!

    My cousin died of leucemia after battling it for 6 years, so I can relate to what you've experienced I think. It will get easier.

    xxx
    http://www.femininebravery.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhhhhh i just love your boots so much!!!! that dress is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry about your friend! One of my best mates ever passed a few years ago and I still cry about it all the time. It never really leaves you, you know? I'm sending happy thoughts your way.

    On another note, your blog is absolutely beautiful. I mean the photography is incredible and you are so gorgeous and stylish.

    xxx Irinja (1milliondresses.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your friend is very proud of you taking these photos and looking stunning as you do :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice blog:)
    Want to do a link exchange, I put that case to you in my menu in my blog.
    My blog is about fashion and very little everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute and romantic outfit!

    You look fabulous!^^


    Hope to see you on our blog, your is lovely! :)


    xoxo
    Antonia

    fashionimperative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a pretty dress. I wanna be your little sisterrr! :)) haha <3

    ReplyDelete