Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sticks and stones may break my bones, Sticks and Stripes may... get me hypes?

Light-blue flowy summer dress, Sticks and Stripes. Light pink bowler hat, Monki. Cheetah print peep-toe wedges with ankle straps, luichiny.

(Photos by me.)

Today summer decided to make a surprise reappearance, and it seemed like an opportunity as good as any to wear my new, fabulously flowy dress from Sticks and Stripes. I have so much respect for founder Brit Furgeson, who truly takes responsibility for the environmental aspects of her designs: the fabric she uses for her dresses is made out of wood pulp (and is so wonderfully fluid and light!), and for each purchased dress, Sticks and Stripes will plant a tree on your behalf. I'm always inspired by people who are actually making an effort to sustain our incredible planet - and it's a much-needed reminder that I ought to work a lot harder myself when it comes to this subject.

I got these cheetah print wedges in NYC, and I can't decide if I love or hate them. Which is basically a good thing. That keeps things interesting, and it means that at least they're not too plain! If you decide you hate them because of their immense tackiness, I completely get it. But I came to the conclusion that I do love them... at least today I do.

(Oh, and the stupid title of this post is simply a case of really bad Lookbook.nu humor.)








29 comments:

  1. Divine! The prettiest girl in the blogosphere! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty as usual. lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a great look, I love your red lips and your amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress !




    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely amazing beauty:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE SHOES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Älskar fjärde bilden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooow! This is such a stlylish outfit!!
    Love everything about it, especially the shoes!! ;)

    You look awesome!^^

    Wanna follow each other via Bloglovin and GFC?


    xoxo
    Antonia

    fashionimperative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annika, I love your shoes. I've been doing a series of posts on my blog about cheetah print, and you have helped me for the second time in 2 times to show my readers that it's a HUGE trend right now. Thank you!!

    If you want, you can see yourself featured on my blog (how silly is that?) by going to this link: http://youreatulle.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Odelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful!!! really love your dress! hype! hype! hype!! *(”,)*

    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this dress looks wonderful on you! and I love the contrast between the virginal white and the wild animal print ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful outfit and photos! Your dress is stunning! xxx

    eloisedephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello. must say this photo shoot is amazing! great outfit, but the wedges...rocks!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll decide for you on the wedges: I LOVE them! But mainly because of the way you styled them...you made them look classy and chic with this dress!

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vill bara säga att om du någon gång skriver en bok, eller liknande, kommer jag att köpa den direkt. Och läsa den som en Harry Potter bok, utan att kunna sluta. Läste minst 20 av dina krönikor på ett svep..
    Alltså, du skriver otroligt bra & fin. :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really enjoyed reading about the sustainable fashion element of your dress - not five minutes ago I published my own post on the debate of fast fashion of which of course a big part is the environmental repercussions when mass-produced clothes are thrown straight into land fill. It's great to see such inspiration in the fashion world for saving our planet! Love the hat - you can really pull them off xx

    www.alexandratherese.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your amazing blog last night and I´m totally obsessed with your style. You´re such a beauty and i love how you write. You have a huge new fan and reader.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blog! You are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow what a cool idea for making dresses! I had no idea that as possible. love flawy fabrics:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look freaking awesome in these pictures,like an angel,so tender,so delicate,with the most charming smiles.It's hard to define the inside connection of you and fashion,together with the leopard shoes,the magic beauty.......Fabulous!!

    http://romwe-romwe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Åh GUD så fint och vilka vackra bilder! Tar du bilderna själv? Har du någon självutlösarkontroll (heter det så?) då eller något? Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That look is stunning, I adore the dress and the wedges are chic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. älskar klänningen!!! och du är strålande vacker, som alltid! xo

    ReplyDelete