Saturday, August 27, 2011

A fall makeover in my go-to outfit.

T-shirt and Levi's denim cutoffs, Urban Outfitters. Leopard print tights, H&M. Black Everest platform boots, Jeffrey Campbell/Nelly.com.

(Photos by me.)

When I found these Levi's cutoffs hidden in the back of a shelf at Urban Outfitters in New York, I instantly knew that they were meant for me. There was only one pair, and without even trying them on, I could tell that they would fit perfectly. (OK, I did try them on, of course. I mean, just to be sure. Hmm.) I honestly have to stop myself each morning when I get dressed, or I would wear them every single day!

This is their fourth appearance on the blog - I wore them here, here and here - and since they're pretty much the corner stone of my wardrobe at the moment, it seemed quite appropriate that they got to be in my new header.

Yeah, I decided it was time to give the blog a bit of a fall makeover. I feel like right now I need less bright and peachy cheerfulness, and more calm, blue softness. Other than that, everything's just like it's always been - I'm even laying on the same spot in my garden as in the last header, still wearing light blue denim shorts, a splash of leopard print and with Jeffrey Campbells on my feet! If it ain't broke, why fix it, right?

And speaking of items I could wear daily if I didn't remind myself that I actually do own other pieces of clothing: ah, leopard print tights, how I adore thee! I have no idea how many pairs I actually own, but it has to be somewhere around ten, because at the moment there's a pair thrown in each and every corner of our extremely messy house. A lot of them are ripped and torn from being worn way too many times, but I don't care (I tell myself it's, eh, "punk"). So, obviously they had to be in the new header, as well. (Three outfits with leopard-clad legs: worn with orange wedges, sequins and black and white brogues, and my favorite black dress.)

And if you haven't already noticed that I have a very unhealthy obsession with Jeffrey Campbell shoes, well, I do. I'm going to have to open a JC museum one day - then I'll have an almost decent excuse for owning way, way, way too many pairs. 

Haha, now I made it sound like I styled an outfit specifically to make a new header! And maybe I did, subconsciously? Can't rule it out! Or - more likely - it's only natural it turned out like that, since this could easily be called my "go-to outfit" these days. Comfortable clothes for hanging out at home, not nearly as comfortable shoes to keep myself from being too bored with they way I look when I leave the house.

But right now, I'm putting on a pair of flat boots and I'm off to yoga class!









30 comments:

  1. ohhh i love it!!!♥

    simonkreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT ALL YOUR SHOES! GIVE ME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,wow! I LOVE the new design! The new header looks even better than the previous one! You are soooo beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look!
    Now the blog looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look great! love your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header, it almost makes me dream of fall and winter. That blue-ish green hue is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!! Its not so long I found your blog... The first time, I confess I spend like an hour checking older posts... I love the way U write, your looks, your kat (sooo cute), your sister's look change!! Please go on like that!!!!!! :D

    Xxx from Formentera, Spain! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello :) You look so incredible, the leopard tights with the JC are a great comb! Love it, you look always flawless!!

    xo,
    http://thefashiondreamcatcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!

    I to am a Jeffrey Campbell addict but who isn't?
    I would love to see a photo of your whole collection to have something to aspire too.

    xx E

    pompomlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I literally have the same shorts. I was on a quest for them for months, and once I found them, in the back on a table in Urban Outfitters, I knew they were mine. I call them my quest shorts because of this.
    Did you go to the one on 14th and 6th avenue? That's where I was. That would be very bizarre.

    Odelia
    youreatulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Odelia, umm, YES, I DID!!!!!! Hahahaha! Bizarre indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look beautiful! i love the outfit. funny i have one new pair of shorts and they look exactly like yours :) i love them too. i'm jsut wearing them! and the leoprint tights are awesome too.
    the new blog design is better than the old one i think :) very nice.

    but, did you lost some weight or something? i think you look a little bit too skinny..not as healthy as always. maybe i'm wrong..i don't want to worry about you.

    love, nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haa, I had no idea you did yoga! It's great, isn't it? I only started it a month ago, but have been putting my body in the most interesting asana's (positions) every day since! Feel so much more flexible already, and it really does something to one's mental state of mind. I remember reading somewhere that 1 out of every 10 Swedes practices yoga; I love you, people :) Makes me want to move to Stockholm even more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your posts make me so cheerful every time I read them Annika - keep up the good work! Love the new blog header, the outfit is fab as are the shots xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that top and those shoes are just amazing!
    xxxx

    fashionmousse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look awesome. I love your top.

    if you're not already following me, you could if you like my blog and i'll follow you back.

    my blog♥mfashionfreak

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shoes are a dream and I love your lip color. Definitely hyped your look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tights are so sassy and beautiful.
    You are a doll- golden and pure. x

    sweetness xx
    hope to hear from you*!
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOOOW!! You're so pretty and your style is just awesome!! I loveee it!! I'd be so grateful if you could tell me how did you write that sign "According to Annika" in the photo at the top of your blog, and how did you make that "What I'm wearing:" sign as well... Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg i love those Jeffrey's boots!

    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous, thank you! I wrote "According to Annika" with a black pen on a white piece of paper, took a photo of it and copied it into the header photo using Photoshop. I'm not sure what to tell you about the "What I'm Wearing"-sign - I made that too in Photoshop, using a free stock pic of some drawn flowers and the font "Edwardian Script". If there's anything more specifically you're wondering about, ask again!

    Love,
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha, everytime I'm trying to snap photo of myself I end up posing with my cat exactly like you have in one of the pictures. They always come around curiously wondering what's going on...

    ReplyDelete
  23. uuuh love it I realy do !!

    join me
    delasheela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i've been dreaming of the JC everest for a while now. how do you like them? are they comfy to walk in?

    http://acaliforniadreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's okay! I have an unhealthy obsession with JC shoes too!
    It's their fault for being too amazing! D:

    x

    http://paledivision.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete