Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The story is in the soil, keep your ear to the ground.

Sheer shirt with sequined shoulders, Romwe. Levi's denim cutoffs, Urban Outfitters. Headphones, WeSC. Glasses, Chanel. Black boots, Nilson. Leopard print belt, Monki. Lipstick, "British Red" by L'Oreal.

(Photos by me.)

Got this lovely sheer shirt from Romwe in the mail today, and immediately had to pair it with boots, ripped denim cutoffs and a somewhat weird attitude.

I think I have to stop using the word "somewhat". Or at least cut down a lot. I've realized I use it in every other post - I guess you could say I'm somewhat obsessed with the word somewhat and that's somewhat annoying.

I haven't been able to use my tripod during the past three weeks (when I left New York my tripod plate was still in Emiliano's camera bag), and I'm psyched that I can finally take my own photos again! (Though I must say I feel like in the end I mastered using our ladder as a tripod, with the camera propped up on different steps for different height - at least here and here.)

I like the bright, almost orange-red color of this lipstick, "British Red" by L'Oreal Colour Riche, but I'm not sure I would recommend it. Not because there's anything wrong with the quality, but the smell... well, it reminds me of how lipstick used to smell in the 1980's. And that is not a good thing. Like a strong, cheap perfume gone bad.

Now I'm going to have dinner with this awesome young man who's back from NYC after being gone way too long. Our house has been ridiculously empty without him. (The cats are the best, but they don't fill out all of this space very efficiently.)

Thank you for your sweet comments on the post about it being Fanny's birthday. You are truly extraordinary people. Thank you so, so much for caring.









20 comments:

  1. Great outfit, I just found your blog from lookbook and I already love your blog!
    Following you, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a fun outfit! I might have to try this combination (I have some similar shoes and shorts, though I'm lacking on the top....*drums fingers*) I don't know if I can beat those awesome headphones though! :P Thanks for being inspiring yet again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to buy a red lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shoes. I think only you could pull off the top!
    xx
    Miserabell (my other nickname as you've learned why ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, your style is amazing! Looove your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boots are awesome! :-)...and so is your smile, girl! I love coming back every day to see your nice pics and read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Första bilden på dig är riktigt fångande! Du är en sådan skön syn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog, must admit I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfit and you look amazing as always. I really don´t know how you manage it to make photos on your own withoud any help. My pictures aren´t that amazing even with the help of my boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're an inspiration for fighting each day despite the things you've been through.
    And I admire that, a lot.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is simply amazing! Stumbled across it by accident, and now I can't start work w/o reading it first. You're funny, kind-hearted,inspiring, beautiful and most of all you write brilliantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Bright Eyes, lovely you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heeeey, I ordered that exact same top from Romwe earlier this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are TOO CUTE! I love these photos!

    xox,

    Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much :) I really appreciate your kind words! Love this outfit, the blouse with that shorts looks so good! Loving everything else as well :)

    xoxo,
    http://thefashiondreamcatcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. måste bara berätta att du är typ det finaste på två ben

    ReplyDelete