Sunday, August 14, 2011

Giddy Up, Disco Pony Jr!


Before going out on Thursday, my sister Amanda tried on a huge pile of my clothes to find something to wear that night. (She lives in Spain and her entire wardrobe is still there.) I thought she looked amazing in everything, but she didn't really feel like any of the outfits were really her style. Which I completely get - even when you think you look nice in someone else's clothes, sometimes you still can't shake the feeling that you are in fact wearing, well, someone else's clothes.

At last, Amanda ended up wearing the same jeans and sheer black shirt she had on when she came over to my house - she simply threw on her pair of litas (a birthday gift from her big sister, wow, she must have the best sister EVER!) and asked to borrow my Disco Pony blazer. (Get your own here!)

Needless to say, she'd almost lost her voice by the end of the night, from all the times she had to say "thank you!" to everyone complimenting her sparkly fabulousness! On our way home, Amanda told me that she has to borrow the blazer every single time she goes out. How could I say no to that? I love how she's comfortable being the center of attention like that! My shy baby sis definitely is growing up, and I must say, she's doing it in style.


13 comments:

  1. omg, stunning! love the outfit and the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sis is beautiful Annika! Stylish som dig ;-)

    En fråga: Skriver du dina inlägg direkt på engelska? Du är helt suverän på the english laguage! Själv försöker jag nu blogga på engelska men det är apsvårt. Några tips?

    Bloggkram ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda looks remarkable in that Disco Pony blazer. Love the dazzling galore. Beauty runs in the family. I'm so excited to get my Disco Pony items next month!

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amanda is just as fabulous as her big sister in that disco pony blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome amanda is very lovely! ;) just like her sis.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the outfit. I'm pretty sure you are in fact the best sister :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That thing is so badass. I'm not into sequins but I'd so wear that x__x With a pussy bow blouse and really prim/proper tailored pants. Haha

    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Amanda = epitome of cool. So in awe of her aweseomness and ability to rock that Disco Pony! THANK YOU AMANDA for looking so god damn hawt in it! Seriously, I feel you need this in your life. Maybe when I'm back in Spain over xmas, I can give you something shiny!
    Another treat for Disco Pony :)
    You guys.... LOVE XXxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous!

    The Disco Pony jacket, and the photos - perfect!

    Luv,
    Friend in Fashion
    www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely amazing!! I love the whole outfit and the photos!

    fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, you lil sis, looks soo great in the DISCO PONY BLAZER!
    I looove that sparkly blazer sooo much! Wish I could own it!
    Love her jeans ♥

    -Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  12. Du måste vara världens bästa storasyster. Adoptera mig?

    ReplyDelete