Tuesday, May 24, 2011

If it’s your birthday, we'll bake a blue cake and then we'll eat it off these blue plates.

Transparent navy shirt and white lace bra, Monki. Denim vest, thrifted. Flower print skirt, H&M. Boots, Nilson.

I named this my True Blue-outfit, and I'm in love with it. It doesn't happen to me a lot that I feel entirely comfortable and confident in what I'm wearing, at least not when I dress up instead of down - but in this, I felt 100% myself.

Also, it rarely happens that I get the feeling that everything, from make up and hair all the way down to the shoes, is connected. That I wouldn't change one single piece because it just wouldn't be the same. 

Before I put this outfit together, I tried on another, also based around the transparent navy shirt (I bought it yesterday and I'm so happy I did!). I had on a pair of high wasted black satin American Apparel-shorts and wedges and all of the items should have looked great together... except that they didn't. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what was wrong - hey, I'm no expert, but I do know when something really isn't working - so  simply admitted defeat and started all over. And it worked! At least I think so. And to be honest, that's all that matters, since we can't all always agree... right? :)

Oh, and I'm wearing the shirt backwards. The buttons are supposed to be in the back and some weird ruffles in the front. Well that ain't gonna happen! I just cut off the lable tag and now it looks exactly like I want it. And the best thing about the sheer fabric is that there's finally a point wearing the beautiful lace underwear I'm crazy about!

Hahaha, I'm writing this in bed and my darling Biianka has been curled up at my feet for so long that I can barely even feel them anymore... In case you were wondering. Hmm.








9 comments:

  1. I really really have to compliment this blog, it is one of the most beautiful and stunning blogs I've seen in amongst many others! Your so pretty and have a great sense of style... Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Those natural lens flares are great! Margaret and I always try to get them to come out right, but it really needs to be at the perfect time of day. Ok, so since Marg's interview I've been working on my Swedish. Here is a sample sentence, please critique: Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheStreetFashion5xpro (whoa that was a tough one to spell) - THANX!

    Mary @ Fashionbirds - that's so sweet of you, thank you so much!

    Joey, yup, I'm such a sucker for those lense flares. I tried photographing that outfit earlier yesterday and I just couldn't make it work, had to wait until the damn sun set juuust the right amount.
    Yøu shøuld tøtally cøme to Sweden, seriøusely, I'd shøw you guys a great time! Although I think those ø's are used in Denmark, but who cares, it's all the same anyway. Snow and moonshine and salacious women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always look beautiful! in every way :)
    always love all your picture!

    visit me if you don't mind,
    la femme

    thank you, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantástico post!! Me encantan las fotos y el color! I love your blog!!
    Look at my blog and If you like it we can follow our blogs.
    Besos, desde España, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, those pictures are looking soooo gorgeous! <3 Love this cute style, the skirt is very pretty!

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I love ur style !
    ur so amazing:) love ur skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH GOSH! I LOOOVE this outfit + pics!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete