Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Would you rob a bank for the two of us?

 Maxi dress with floral print, worn as a skirt, Cubus. Brown purse, H&M. White tank and sunglasses, Monki. Brown belt, Gina Tricot. Cheetah print litas, Jeffrey Campbell, bought at the LF store in Venice Beach.

So, it seems like the 70's feel from yesterday stuck around... This is what I wore when I drove into Gnesta, a small town close to the tiny village we live in (about 20 minutes by car), to look at what might be my future office! I've decided I can't keep working at home and have started looking for a place in Gnesta where I can sit and write.

I must admit it was a bit hard to picture what the office will look like when it's done - you see, they still have to put in a floor, a ceiling, a couple of walls and a loft. At the moment it's more like a... corner. 

But the house that it's in is so amazing - it's this old, quirky house by the railroad where they once used to store the locomotives. Some people bought it recently and are starting to fix it up, and they're renting out some of the rooms as offices and studios - right now the people who are renting are mostly artists, and I would be wall to wall with this beautiful atelier/workroom. 

I couldn't help that the whole place made me think of The Factory, something my boyfriend just couldn't stop laughing about (apparently he found the comparision of Andy Warhol's legendary NYC 60's studio and this shabby house in a Swedish country town somewhat hilarious). 

Not that nothing every happens here! It might not be New York City - OK, it definitely isn't New York City - but this morning, on our way into Gnesta, we were stopped at a road-block and had policemen with machine guns going through our car. Luckily we'd already heard that a bank close to our house were robbed earlier this morning (it was really nasty actually, they were heavily armed and were shooting at the police, it's huuuge news in Sweden right now) - if I hadn't known about this, I'd probably have been quite freaked out. 

And I can't stop thinking: People still rob banks? Seriously? I thought "rob a bank" had already become just a figure of speach, like... "take down the moon". Banks don't even carry money anymore! I mean sure, some money, but it's not like all those machine guns are free, just like the getaway car they set on fire isn't - can you imagine going through all that trouble, and even if you get away (does that ever happen?), you're like: "yay, OK, this will pay for the guns and the cars, and for the rest of the money I'll... buy a Ryan Air ticket to Berlin and have a couple of beers!". I will admit that I do love Berlin, and the occasional beer, but to rob a bank for it... nah.




5 comments:

  1. The print on the dress is beautiful! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for such a sweet comment! you are absolutely GORGEOUS, and i love that you mixed leopard and floral print! xx

    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey annika! thank you so much for your comment! you made my day. :) but i don't know what you're talking about! you're the beautiful one. and i actually love your hair. so there!

    love this post a lot! those shoes are killer and you worked them into the outfit so well. you definitely have a new follower as well...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAW THE CAT!!! <3 <3 <3 <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. So effortless yet wicked! You have great style!!

    come check us out rad online vintage store

    www.deepoca.net

    ReplyDelete