Sunday, May 22, 2011

Say after me: It's no better to be safe than sorry.

 Black cropped sweater, H&M. High waisted stonewashed grey jeans, Cheap Monday. DIY print t-shirt made into some kind of one shoulder tank top, from my teens, don't remember where I bought it. Grey blazer and white lace bra, Monki. Boots, Vagabond.

One of the many reasons why I started this blog was that I was so bored with my own style. I felt like there was no point dressing up, and whenever I did, I always looked exactly the same: the clothes and make up I know I look good and feel comfortable in. 

That usually meant a loose fit black dress, either boots or litas, concealer, mascara, blush and red lipstick. No, wait: that's what it always meant. No exceptions. 

And no harm in that, you could say, of course one should wear what she feels confident in! That's absolutely right. Except for the fact that I love dressing up! I love trying out new looks, being inspired by others and attempt to put my own spin on trends. And I'm sick and tired of always being safe.

So, I decided to start a blog where I could share all of this with you. A reason to put on something nice in the morning. A reason to take chances, go in the opposite direction of what I normally would, try new things and explore all of the endless possibilities that fashion provides us with.

About this look: I was going for a late 80's/early 90's feel, a style that I adore but rarely try to work myself. Make up-wise, I was going for the opposite of my usual natural eyes/bright red lips: jet-black eyes and nude lips. Ten years ago I rocked that look almost every day! Now it took a couple of hours to get used to it, but I kind of don't want to wash my face tonight, haha. (Oh wow, imagine what I would look like tomorrow morning if I don't...)








17 comments:

  1. I love this look! You've come up with a great combination! following Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you jeans! they fit perfectly!
    great look!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, why are you so gorgeous?? :)
    & i adore your pants, girl. ahh so wonderful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have theee most beautiful face! And awesome style, too. But mostly I wanted to ask you about your job, I'm going to apply to college next year and I think I want to major in creative writing, journalism or communication. Your job sounds amazing, I'd really love to write columns and articles for magazines as well. How did you get your job, and what did you study to get it? Do you have any pieces translated into English so that you could share them with us?

    I would so appreciate it if you could find the time to reply, but I totally get it if you don't!

    Love Kaitlin T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous. You have the most beautiful eyes! These photos are fantastic. I can see where your inspirations play into your look. I found you on chictopia, and I am following you now! :)

    xo,
    Kirstin Marie
    http://www.kirstinmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seem like we have a lot of the same thoughts when it comes to fashion and style. I just can't stick to one style, even if it is the most comfortable one. I love experimenting, and I'm so glad to hear that you want to share that with us as well.

    You look stunning, my dear. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking so cool and comfortable at the same time!

    I totally understand you, I'm always changing and dressing new things, hehehe!

    Absolutely looove your expression in the 3rd pic! <3


    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely eye make up :)
    AND A NICE BLOG^!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm no makeup pro but I really love the muted makeup which really brings out your eyes more. It goes well with the shades of gray in your outfit!

    -Sam
    http://www.samishome.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb outfit! Wonderful jeans! Follow you now,follow me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fall in love with your blog <3
    and this look is totally great, I love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, 80´s here we come! i love it. great pictures annika. :))

    la tiquismiquis
    http://tqsm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww I love this style u look amazing:)
    www.youngseo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect! So wonderfully 80's! Love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you, dressing up is so fun!
    always love your style and your beauty :)
    hyped here and on your lookbook!

    cheers,
    la femme

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad I discovered your blog and I feel the same...I go slightly ott with my blog dressing up images and its so much fun, not to mention inspiring. You definitely have a new fan and follower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, i absolutely LOVE this outfit! i think this is the outfit i like the most, can't really explain why, because it's so simple. but when you wear it it isn't simple anymore. outfits like this fit so well on you!! i can't wait going to my wardrobe and try to find an outfit which looks the same. you're my inspiration for tonight!
    thank you, annika
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete