Monday, May 16, 2011

The tale of the challenging stripper jeans.

 Striped knitted sweater, Lindex. Trashy black jeans that are way too tight, Hudson. Cheetah print litas, Jeffrey Campbell.

One of the great mysteries in life: every single time I go to visit my dad and little sister Wendi in Los Angeles, I end up buying clothes that just don't fit me. Most of the items are things I'd never ever wear at home, and when I go back to Sweden, I usually decide to leave all of it with my sister. (She's not too upset about that, I'll tell you.)

I have this theory that since I never grew up with my dad, I sort of want to recreate my teen years when I go see him. Take these weird skin tight jeans with tons of holes in them that I bought in LA when I was there in March. Why?! Well, when my dad got home that night, the first words out of his mouth were "Sunny!* There's something wrong with your pants! They're all ripped!". And obviously I was like "nooo, are you serious? How did this happen? I can't believe this - I just bought them for Christ's sake!". If that's not a teenage conversation, I don't know what is.   

(I bought the cheetah print litas that same week, but I can't blame those on trying to get my dad's attention. I just fell in love with them and couldn't stand the thought of not taking them home with me.)

Anyway, in the end I decided to bring the trashy jeans as well. Since I moved out into the countryside a little more than a year ago, I've started wearing clothes that are both super comfortable and... no, wait, they're actually just super comfy. I don't think it's such a bad idea for me to wear things, at least once in a while, that are more of a... challenge. Hey, I'm still too young to put comfort first seven days a week!

*"Sunny" is my dad's nickname for me. When I was a baby, before my mom and dad split up, my name was Sunshine - yeah, I know - but when my dad moved back to LA my mom started calling me Annika instead. I sometimes wish she hadn't, for instance, if I would have decided to become a stripper, I wouldn't have to come up with a stage name. Come to think of it, I would probably have worn those ripped jeans a lot more often than I do now. 

Anyways, my dad and everyone on his side of the family didn't really pay too much attention to the name change, which means that in the US, I'm still Sunny.






4 comments:

  1. Adore this look! and maybe your jeans are not so confortable but you look so cute on them!
    You're so beautiful , dear!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw thanks gorgeous <3

    Yeah, maybe everything really doesn't have to be that comfortable all the time, sometimes it's more than enough that it looks good! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so stunning! I adore your photo's, definitely following x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I found your blog :)
    You've done a very good job even though it's new!
    One of my daily reads from now on!
    xoxo

    http://limonspective.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete