Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Strolling along the boardwalks of Bordeaux.

Long sleeve shirt, Wardrobe Stockholm. Black assymetrical skirt, Johanna Vikman. Socks, Indiska. Black pony hair litas, Jeffrey Campbell.
Lips: Lipliner "bordeaux" by Maybelline.

Look who's trying new things! Or, outfit-wise this is just my usual style, but at least I'm experimenting with my lip color. Baby steps, you guys. :)

Ever since a photo shoot I did a couple of years ago where I felt smashing in dark purple lips I've wanted to find a lipstick like that. The closest I ever got was a lipliner in the shade "bordeaux", but I could never find a matching lipstick. Well, my new motto isn't "work with what you got" for nothing! Today I simply applied the lipliner all over my lips, and tadaaa, the perfect dark shade.

I did my makeup before I even started thinking about what to wear, and as it happened, I think I was inspired by the name of the lipcolor. I've never been to the French coastal town Bordeaux, but if I ever go there, this is how I want to look when I do! I can see myself strolling along the boardwalks, admiring the très magnifique locals, stopping at a bistro to have a glass of - well, bordeaux, obviously. ;)

This skirt is one of those "go-to choices" in my wardrobe - it looks good with literally any tops and shoes, from sneakers and army boots to sandals or high heels. And if you've read my post about my hip issues - this is exactly the kind of skirt I've always felt comfortable in. It's impossible to tell how wide or narrow my hips are underneath all of the fabric... I know I'm not supposed to care anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't still love this skirt!



21 comments:

  1. You look like a gentle witch (That's a good thing).
    I love the lip color! I wish I could pull it off.
    That skirt is truly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, you're so beautiful! and this outfit is also amazing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you manage to post so much?! I'm super jealous! Love the outfit and the makeup. I hope you get to go to Bordeaux.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great setting and clothing, as per usual. The light in your photos always sets them apart, and the new lip colours suits you well.
    I left a comment on your 'hips' post, as I was really blown away by the way you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skirt is absolutely fabulous! The layers of fabric are wonderful :)

    You look gorgeous as always! And the new lip colour is positively smashing - I wish I was bold enough to try such a shade.

    <3
    Shayli

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty photos!! that skirt is so cool. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lipstick is gorgeous on you and that skirt is amazing! This is probably my favortie outfit of yours so far :) I've never been one to wear lipstick, but you may have nudged me in the other direction... Glad you decided to try something new ;)

    Jess
    turn that frown upside down

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why that skirt is one of your closet staples, it's a total dream! And the wine hued lip color is illustrious on you. Truly gorgeous.

    www.TheFancyTeacup.com
    much love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgosh I so love you! I think I've got a girl crush on you hahaha! And I say this in a completely natural way lol! I really love this blog though, I think that you are on of the most original bloggers in the blogosphere right now! And you are SO pretty! I lovelovelove this lipstick and..what can I say about the gorgeous outfit?? You honestly look like an angel! Your pics are stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so wonderful, but the light is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this lipstick on you and the lighting is amazing! Great photos, great skirt!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. bordeaux looks perfect on you! now..i want this glass of wine you told us about ;)
    xxx
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, I'm so jealous about your shoe collection, I'm crazy about Jeffrey Campbells! Oh, and you're very beautiful! Love your blog :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little world of fashion - Thank you!

    Dana Lee - Aaw, it's always a compliment to look like a witch! At least to us Harry Potter-geeks... That you sweetie!

    Pralinka, you're so sweet, thanks dear!

    Bridget, I really hope so, too... at least today I found out I might be going to New York this summer, for the very first time! That's not too bad either. Haha, hmm, I guess I post so much because I'm new at this blog thing and it's become quite the obsession... I'm sure it will slow down a little when I'm getting more used to the whole idea. Right now I can barely think of anything else, I should blog a lot less and work a lot more...

    Roz, I loved your comment on my "hips" post. Will reply to it soon. <3

    Shayli honey, you can wear any lip shade you want! The world is your oyster! ;)

    FASHION ICE, thank you!

    Jess @ turn that frown upside down, actually, I think this might be my favorite outfit too, so far. You obviously have amazing taste. ;) A bold lipstick can really make an outfit, you should absolutely give it a shot! Worst case scenario, you don't like it, so you remove it. :)

    The Fancy Teacup, you're a total dream.

    Demy - Oh my gosh, now isn't that the greatest compliment! Thanks a million, girl! No, really: a million. You just made my night. <3

    la tiquismiquis, really? In my opinion, this lighting is beyond perfect. If the light could just be like this all of the time, I'd be truly happy, haha! Well, let's agree to disagree on this particular subject. :)

    Baby Budget, thank you!

    christina, I kind of want that, too... But I'm home alone tonight and I'm not sure how cool it is for me to be drinking by myself. ;)

    Mary @ Fahsionbirds, thank you! As you might have noticed I'm JC-crazy, too... But I have to stop now, I have four pairs of litas and that's enough. ENOUGH ALREADY! :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the dainty socks with the tough litas! it looks so great!

    xo kelseylee peachy dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello,your look is very awesome i like your lips on purple i wore once....kisses

    congrats for chictopia
    gaby-acentralamericangirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you look gorgeous!! Totally love these pictures and the outfit!!:D

    Stop by some time:D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. annika, you should give a hair tutorial in pictures for this look! i want to know how to do it!! <3leah

    ReplyDelete
  19. these images are so completely hauntingly beautiful

    ReplyDelete