Sunday, May 15, 2011

The old lady in the rocking chair.

Straw hat, bought in a beach shop in Barbados. Striped shirt and denim shorts, H&M. Boots, Skopunkten

I'm afraid this straw hat is becoming permanently attached to my head.

Every night when I go inside, I'm seriously surprised that it actually comes off. Feels like I've worn it all day, every day, for the last... month. 

But what can I say? It keeps the sun out of my eyes and face, and it makes me think of beautiful old ladies, you know, the kind who sits in a rocking chair on a weathered porch somewhere in Louisiana with a chubby cat on her lap. The kind who probably makes a mean chicken casserole.





3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog! The pictures are so beautiful and dreamy!...and you really are good with words! 'old ladies from Louisiana', good one! :-)

    Greets from Barcelona!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemma, your blog is just AMAZING! Thanks for commenting so that I had the chance to visit you, all those mouth-watering photos made me sooo hungry ;) You have a new follower for sure!

    Emzi, you're so so so sweet <3

    ReplyDelete