Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Step into my hallway, baby!

 

Let's continue our little husesyn around my house!

Above, you can see what our hallway looked like when we first moved in. I get chills just by looking at those photos... (Obviously not the good kind.) I don't want to say anything bad about anyone else's taste so I'll say that to me, that's not the ideal hallway, and then we'll leave it at that.

But, speaking of ideal hallways! With a new floor, a removed door and radiator, new walls and a painted ceiling, plus the kind of furniture I love, now I wouldn't change a thing. A lot of people seem to find it boring with white interiors, but since our house is so old and narrow - and with a ceiling so low that a tall person has to constantly bow a little bit - we decided the best way to keep it from being claustrophobic is to go light, light, light.

I guess the previous owners wouldn't agree, since every single color was represented with its own wallpaper when we bought the house. (The piano room, for instance, was a sullen dark red, our bedroom was pink, the gust room purple, the living room yellow, the kitchen a disgusting green, sort of like snot.) Oh well. Each to his own!


Lots and lots to do today, I really should get ready... but days as sunny and gorgeous as this one, I just don't feel like getting dressed at all!

Thanks for coming on this second part of my "house-seeing", feel free to stop by any time. ;)


12 comments:

  1. oh wow - i like the transformation - although its just white, the detailing is great. you also look super cut and ready for the sunshine

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the all white thing. :)


    la tiquismiquis
    http://tqsm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really did a lot to the place (in a good way 'course).
    Officially, your house is my dream home..

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU HAVE A LOVELY HOME & BLOG!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I see spots now... :D that's some bright hall.. although I love colors better, than the all-white stuff, but the look of this brightness made me a bit happier, so I guess it works.
    you should see mine hallway.. wait, you couldn't see it, because I live in a dark hole... with trophies... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should totally decorate my place darling. what a beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Looks so tranquil. Im embarassed to show you my hallway haha :(

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, everyone! I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, since youre one of the coolest people I know, I get damn proud when i realize I have the same curtains as you. Must meen I have great taste too right ;) ?

    ReplyDelete