Sunday, May 22, 2011

Winter favorite: Spilled Milk feature.


Earlier this year, I was featured in the beautiful online magazine Spilled Milk. I couldn't believe they wanted to feature me, when I only had a blog in Swedish - a blog that didn't even revolve around fashion. 

Of course it didn't make it like less of an honour that the other bloggers they featured were some of my absolute favorites! I was so excited to be in the same context as the amazing Morven, Rachel-Marie, Charlene, Bonnie and Luanna. (Incidentally, I have written features about all of them for Sofis mode, the Swedish print magazine I work for.)

Through Spilled Milk I also found Jazzabelle, Vanessa @ The Haute Pursuit, Jenny and Sophia.

The feature was about winter outfits, how to "stay stylish" during the colder months. I thought we could take a look at mine!

ABOUT THE SWEATER

"I actually bought the sweater as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend, Ronnie. I had wrapped it and everything. Usually I buy all my holiday gifts at the last minute, but this year I had planned ahead, and was ridiculously proud of it. Then, one morning – it was insanely cold and I happened to suffer from a severe case of nothing-to-wear – well, I’ll just admit it: I tore open Ronnie’s present and put it on. When I came home later that day, he complimented me on my cute sweater, and I just smiled and said thank you. Needless to say, I ended up giving him a much nicer stack of gifts than I originally planned, out of pure guilt. But in my defence – that sweater is now my favorite!"


ABOUT THE GLASSES

"I was so excited to get a new pair of glasses. Especially since I had worn my old ones every day for ten years. When I found these, I didn’t know what to think. I simply adored the way they framed my face, and they were by far the nicest glasses in the whole optician’s boutique – but seriously, the denim?! Why, why, whyyy would you put denim on a pair of spectacles? When I called my boyfriend and told him I was thinking of going for a pair of jeans-clad glasses, he laughed for five minutes straight. But when he saw them, he couldn’t do anything but agree with me. So now I wear my denim spectacles all the time, and I’m in love! They make being almost blind seem fashionable. Kind of."

Glasses, Chanel. Black tights, Johanna Vikman. Winter boots, Skopunkten. Denim skirt, vintage, Bear Cat LA. Round knitted scraf, Gina Tricot. Knitted sweater, Weekday.

I get the chills when I see all the snow in those photos. I don't understand how we're supposed to endure another winter, and then another, and another... It's probably best not to think about it. At all.

Because sure, we can all pretend that it's possible to "stay stylish" even during the seemingly endless Swedish winter months. But let me tell you - I've never seen it happen. People try, but they give up. Trust me: half a year of snow will slowly but surely crush the spirits of even the most dedicated fashion enthusiasts out there...




8 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! And the glasses do really suit you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! this is first time i visited to your blog
    your blog its so lovely!
    followed dear <3

    xx
    okkydommy
    http://dommychoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and fantastic feature! The story behind the sweater and the glasses are too cute. Looking extraordinary, hun!

    www.TheFancyTeacup.com
    much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute and cosy and beautiful! :)
    and btw you have the perfect red lips..would you consider a "how to" post about it sometimes?? :)))
    xoxo from athens, greece
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emzi - thank you, I'm so glad you think so, especially since I have to wear them all day, every day :)

    okky dommy, welcome to my blog, I'm really glad you stopped by! I visited yours and it's absolutely fabulous. You have a new follower, too!

    Jamie @ Fancy Teacup, I fell head over heels in love with your blog and it's such an honour that you like mine. <3

    Christina, you're so sweet! I wouldn't mind at all to do a "how to" post but I just don't know... how to, haha! I have a bunch of red shades from the same really cheap brand called "Rival de Loop Berlin", I buy them at the budget chain Rossmann in Berlin for about 2 euros each, and I just... put them on so that it looks nice... :) I've been wearing red lipstick for ten years so I don't really think about how I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You are so pretty! Nice blog and fotos

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh your face is so incredibly beautiful...how amazing and congrats on the feature...you totally deserve it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hatar vår långa, svenska vinter. älskar din tröja. ÄLSKAR dina glasögon.

    hej, förresten! underbar, underbar blogg! tack snälla för tipset. :) så glad att du är här.

    jess xoxo

    ReplyDelete