Monday, July 11, 2011

Celebration and The Perfect Birthday Present.

Last night, the whole family got together to celebrate the most adorable birthday girl ever!

We started by picking Amanda up at the airport - part of her present was to spend the weekend at a huge horse show in southern Sweden. When I started taking photos, of course she was complaining about not having been able to wash her hair or change her clothes before going to the restaurant. Ah, youth sure is wasted on the young! I could wash my hair ten thousand times and not get hair like hers.

We went to this great place right by the water.

I only brought my 50mm lens and couldn't take very good photos of the view, but you get the point - it was pretty!

So, well, this is what happens every time I try to get a decent photo of my family. What's wrong with the traditional stiff smiles and polite posing, huh? ;)

Hey, look! They're almost normal looking! Thanks, guys. Sorry, Mom and Axel - didn't mean to leave you out of focus... but the birthday girl was the most important, I promise you guys will be in focus next time and Amanda and Micke will be all blurry.

Cheers, Beautiful! My goodness, this girl is so stunning. It's an honor to share your dna, sis!

I let Amanda have my glass of Kir Royal, too (well deserved - you only turn 18 once!) - I was driving home later that night and my conscience wouldn't even let me have a celebratory sip. (Please promise me you'll never drink and drive. Or, rather, promise yourself. Please.)

We had a shellfish plateau, to a large part consisting of oysters - which is strange, since it was Amanda's birthday dinner and my stepfather Micke (Axel and Amanda's dad) is the only one in the family who likes them. And he was the one who ordered that particular plateau. Hmmm... I see a pattern here. Busted!

Then we went back to my family's house, to have my mom's delicious chocolate mint cake for dessert.

And mostly because it was time for Amanda's birthday present!

Her smile when she realized what was in the package: PRICELESS!

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, my mom and stepdad were pretty popular at that very moment...


To be completely honest, I know absolutely nothing about bags (except if I think they're cute or not). But apparently this is a Mulberry Alexa and my sister has been dreaming about it for quite some time now. (I thought I recognized it, though, and on my way home I realized that it's because my sensational blogger colleague Sandra of Niotillfem has the same one, but in navy.) And I'll admit, it is absolutely incredibly beautiful.



The most beautiful thing of all, though, was how excited Amanda got! I'm sure she'll hate this photo, but I love it so much when you can see that someone has the biggest smile on her face - not because she wants to look pretty for the camera, but because she's genuinely happy.

20 comments:

  1. It’s such a delight to see your sister so happy, and what gorgeous birthday gift! Instantly coveting the Alexa.

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely pictures, it looks like you had a brilliant time! And your sister looks so happy in that last picture, her smile makes me smile!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such a great birthday present!

    www.blackandblondeone.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. So truthful. I'm in love with you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could so tel you two are sisters! she has the same beautiful face! and how lucky is she? a mulberry alexa? I could only dream from a gift like that ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great present and celebration!
    your sister is so lovely :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your sister is absolutely gorgeous! I can tell you girls are related ;)

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh xxxxx you're so cute, i follow you*

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely family Annika !!! Awesome writing skills... I enjoy your posts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like it was a great birthday! I really want a Mulberry Alexa one day!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats not fair!!! so much beauty in just one family!!! :PPP
    Happy Bday to your baby sister annika... shes adorable! May all her dreams come true
    xxx
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  12. The view still looks amazing with or without the zoom :)
    Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sister is such a natural beauty! And the smile on her face is absolutely priceless...xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. GOOOSSSSSH I understand the look on her face ! This bag is worth 1000€ !!!!!!!! (1300$ I guess)
    Love it !




    xx




    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, my first thought was: "wow, Liza looks sooo young". They do look very much alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha aw vad fint exact en sån fick jag av mina föräldrar i fölsis!!! har inte köpt den än för den finns inte här på västkusten. men så tjusig. miss your face. KOM OCH HÄLSA PÅ I SF (färdigskriket) puss

    ReplyDelete
  17. sweet sister full of astonishment & delight. i have no clue about bags either, but i really wish i could reach through the screen, & steal a bite of that cake!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Annika

    I have been reading your blog and it is lovely. I wanted to comment on this post because it brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes! It is obvious how much you love your little sister, I feel the same way about mine! So nice to read about it.

    Thanks for sharing x x x

    ReplyDelete