Friday, July 1, 2011

I love you, baby.


Today's outfit post will be posted later that usual - because right now, I'm going into Gnesta to get the key for my new office! It's not only new to me, they actually finished building it two days ago. I'm so excited to see how it turned out!

I was supposed to have been there yesterday, but instead, the whole day was spent at the veterinary emergency room. Biianka had not been feeling well for a couple of days, and yesterday morning, she had a seizure. It was so unbelievably terrifying, and of course we got her in the car and drove the two hours to the nearest animal hospital straight away. They suspect she might have epilepsy, but the neurologist wasn't in, so they just took a bunch of tests to make sure that nothing was wrong with her liver, kidneys or heart. 

My cats are my life (I'm not just saying that, they really are) and I can't stand the thought of anything happening to them. I simply can't. Luckily, with the right medical treatment my baby girl could still live a happy life, even if she does have epilepsy. We always knew she is very weak and sensitive, and that she needs so much more attention and care than other cats. At least if she's diagnosed, there will be something we can do to help her.

Now I'll go check out my new office, talk you to guys soon!


9 comments:

  1. :( I hope she's gonna be allright..
    I have a cat too, he's baby, and I love him soo much and I can't even imagine how I'd feel if something'd happen to him...
    so I hope Biianka's gonna feel better (she's so cute and beautiful :])

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Biianka is okay. Our cat is getting old, he's eighteen, almost nineteen, and he wheezes and struggles to jump onto our beds. So I know that it's pretty tough when your pets aren't well--even if it is 'just a cat'.
    I hope your new office is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she's okay! Hopefully, it's not going to be anything serious. I don't have a cat, but I have a dog and he's a bit old and recovering from a kidney stone so I get how you feel. Send my best wishes to Biianka :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to discreetely dispose of Sotis then :P that cat is more trouble to your little Biianka that its worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your kittie gets better quick. And congrats to your new office!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of my best wishes and positive energy to your kitty cat!
    For yeeaaaars now, I have been dying to get a cat; and now that I'm renting a room on my own I thought I finally had the chance to really pursue it. Unfortunately, my landlord thinks its animal abuse to keep a cat on a second floor, with no opportunities to get outside (we have a tiny balcony, that's about it). So I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer and wish even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your kitty gets to feeling better and you find out what's goin on! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Annika! I'm so sorry to hear this. I totally understand...I once spent so much on my cat's surgery when she was very young. She's 11 now and her hip is better than ever at least!

    Everyone gave me such a hard time about it that when I adopted a third cat...I have two "sisters" I adopted 11 years ago and then a few years ago an abused kitten adopted me (talk about crazy cat lady;))-- I used the free service to get her spayed instead of the vet. They must have done a terrible job I guess, or that's what one of my friend's who's a cat lover thinks. She seemed fine, but a little obsessed with her water and food (signs of kidney failure. I didn't know!) About a month later, she suddenly died. She had been very abused by her previous owner, and while she had grown into this beautiful little cat on the outside under our care, I guess on the inside she was still very fragile. I would do anything to have paid the 500 dollars to have had her fixed by the vet. I was beyond devastated.

    I still have my two kitties I've had for 11 years now, and when one was kinda limping a few months ago I completely freaked, took her to the vet where her limp magically vanished and I felt like an idiot!

    Anyway sorry this is a sad story...my point is when you love your pet so much, I think it's worth it to spend the money on the vet bills!I learned this the hard way. Screw what other people think! My cats are my babies!

    I hope everything is okay!
    Much love,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete