Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yay - I'm older, healthier, happier and way more neat.

Navy/green striped top, H&M. Light blue denim skirt, vintage, Bear Cat LA. Brown leather belt, Gina Tricot. Nude bowler hat, Monki. Black/light pink Converse Allstars.

(Photos by me.)

Right now, I'm having the busiest days. I've had to cancel a bunch of meetings and get-togethers with friends, things I had really been looking forward to, but there simply isn't enough time. I can't even tell you how many times I've wished that, for just a week or so, each day would have 34 hours instead of 24 - then I could finally catch up with everything I have to do!

But hey, enough complaining! There's a reason why I'm so stressed out at the moment, and it's a good one, too. You see, I'm going away on Thursday. For three weeks. To a place I've been dreaming about visiting for... the last fifteen years, or so. And you're coming with me, of course! I'd never leave you guys behind!

This outfit is sort of a more dressed up version of what I used to wear all through my teens. Or, "dressed up" is probably the wrong word... neat, yeah, that's better. Let's just say I wasn't really trying to look pretty when I was a teenager. I would draw on my face with a thick black marker, cut my own hair short in the middle of the night without looking in the mirror, and I thought my clothes looked way too "new" if they weren't at least a little bit dirty and ripped. Who knows, maybe I'll dig up some horrendously embarrassing photos to show you some time...

I got the denim skirt as a gift from Bonnie who runs the wonderful vintage online boutique Bear Cat LA, when my sister Wendi and I modeled for her last year. I fell in love with it as soon as I put it on - I have never been able to wear denim skirts, because if they're wide enough over the hips, the waist is always way too big. But not this one! It fits perfectly and it's so comfortable, and exactly the right length. Though I must say, I'm glad I didn't find this ten years ago - I would probably have drawn all over it, or cut a whole in it or something!




12 comments:

  1. wow, yor look is really cute:)
    and ure stunning!!!!!

    love xx

    http://stylerhapsody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Have fun on your trip!

    www.blackandblondeone.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never imagined you as a "i-don't-care-about-how-I-look"-teenager! that is so funny! well... but I must say that ripped can be very fashionable sometimes! but... I love your style as it is now, don't go back! please :p
    Your stories are always interesting to read (:

    Love from Mie
    http://miedina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit!! Especially the hat:) Have an awesome trip!

    Xenia x

    http://xensimagination.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing, what color is your lipstick? I love it!

    xo

    P.S. Did you get the email I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope you will get the best of trips! And I really adore your hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look gorgeous >.< lipstick is wonderfull 2 tho :P

    http://lilcutie89blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute skirt! and i love that lip color, stunning!

    ♥ thesoundoflace.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my GOD girl!!! I love your photography and you are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! wow. I just read your guest post on maria's blog and loved it!

    love, polly :)

    p.s. following you.. hope to be friends!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is my favourite post you have ever done. i love it so much! the converse and everything, best outfit!!! and great writing as well!

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxxx

    ReplyDelete