Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In focus on Bond Street.

Grey satin top and nude layered tulle skirt, Monki. Black leather belt, Gina Tricot. White lace trim socks, Lindex. Black army boots, Vagabond. Brown leather satchel, Vero Moda. Lipstick, "Red Revolution" by Maybelline.

Let's start by giving a big hand to my darling stand-in photographer slash boyfriend, who's totally starting to master my camera's auto focus! Yay Ronnie!


Hmm. I just now realized that I might not have told you the reason why I'm in New York City. (Have I? Can't remember. Sorry if I'm repeating myself!)

I'm here because my boyfriend (the cutie in the scarf above - my scarf, to be exact), who's a writer and wants to be a film director, is studying at The Edit Center for the summer. He's going to make his second short film soon and he got a scholarship to study a six week course here in NYC - I guess he believes having a greater understanding for the editing process will help him out a lot while directing, and that sounds pretty reasonable to me. And it's not like I'd pass up a chance to spend a summer in the city of my dreams, so here I am!

I can't stay all summer, though - we could only find a nice home for our cats for three weeks, but that's okay: I couldn't stand being away from them longer than that anyway. They're living with a really sweet and caring family way out in the woods (yes, we know this family) and can run around outside all day long, just like they usually do. We get constant updates on their whereabouts, so we know they're okay, but I'm so not used to life without them! Luckily, New York is a pretty awesome place to be when you want to get distracted.

On to the outfit. Not a lot of variety, as you can see if you follow this blog - I didn't bring a lot of clothes and most of all, I can't wear half of what I brought. It's way too hot. (Everyone told me that even the nights are really warm here, but I suppose I didn't listen, haha!) I only brought one bag, the leather satchel I'm wearing in every single post, since I knew I'd never use a bag I can't stuff my camera, a couple of books and my computer into. So it's a good thing the satchel goes with practically any outfit.

I bought the lipstick, "#630 Red Revolution" by Maybelline, my first night here and I've been using it every day since. I always thought I hated Maybelline (their mascara is a disaster for my lashes), but it turns out their lipsticks are actually terrific. When I say that, I basically mean that they smell really nice - that's usually what I base my lipstick opinions on! I generally dislike the "long lasting" lipsticks, they're much too dry for my lips, so I don't expect the color to stay put for very long. I figure, whatever, it's not like it's such a hassle to put on a new coat now and then.

The outfit photos were taken on Bond Street last night when we went down to NoHo to have dinner. We ended up at a place called "Jones", a very laid back chili restaurant on Great Jones Street.


I had the chili of the day. It was spicy and delicious and everything chili is supposed to be.


Ronnie wanted the chili too, but I ordered first and he has this thing about not wanting to order the same as me (or anyone else at the table if we're a group of people). I think he sees it as unoriginal. Well, his loss! But he got the Louisiana Jambalaya with corn bread and seemed perfectly happy with it.


Coconut cream pie for dessert. Ronnie loves coconut, I used to think it's okay, but now I use a shampoo with real coconut flakes in it and when I had the pie, I couldn't stop thinking that it was like eating hair products.

Then we went on to have a beer at Kings Cross on Bowery - a basement bar where they happened to play all of our favorite songs! Even a lot of Swedish bands, which made us very proud and patriotic, haha.

Now I'm going to meet Ronnie in Central Park - can you believe I've been here almost a week and I haven't been to Central Park yet? Time to change that!











20 comments:

  1. ooohh coconut pie !!!

    ooohh Central Park !!!

    ooohh your outfit !!!

    seems like you are having a special time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food looks delicious! and i adore you simple but chic outfit!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh coconut pie! That is so tasty. And I really adore this pastelly look of yours. Enjoy central park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ronnie took perfect photos. the one of him is adorable too. enjoy your vacation!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Du klär dig så himla snyggt! Det där med estetik och originalitet har du verkligen fattat.

    Kramar, eller som man säger i NYC, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always look so beautiful! totally love your blog:) visit mine http://futuristka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love your juxtaposed outfit in this post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit, especially the skirt!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have a very special and not so ordinary look. I love your bone structure. I adore your outfit and the combination .Your photos are always such a PERFECTION, the atmosphere is amazing, and at the top of all of it you have an AMAZING outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. åååh jag blev kär i dina skor där! Kommer från vagabond men vad heter modellen? Tacktacktack, du är fin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful skirt. I love it. I love your style and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your outfit is amazing, I love your skirt and bag. You're sooo beautiful and lucky :)

    xoxo

    chocarome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i still love the skirt and the shoes very very much!
    and i love chilli, it's one of my favourite dishes.
    love, nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the first pic! ♥
    I loove your hair, soo cute!
    Love your outfit, love that you paired the skirt with a loose causul shirt ♥
    And love your bag <3
    LOL @ " I couldn't stop thinking that it was like eating hair products" :D
    -Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your wonderful comments! ♥

    Ilona, hemskt ledsen, jag har ingen aning om vad modellen på skorna heter och jag köpte dem för en sisådär tre och ett halvt år sedan... men de är ju rena Doc Martens-kopiorna, så är man beredd att lägga lite mer pengar kan man ju alltid köpa originalen. Jag är sugen på att införskaffa ett par blå, vita eller röda i framtiden när min ekonomi förhoppningsvis ser lite (mycket) bättre ut!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Åh Annika! Jag saknar ju dig men förstår att du har en underbar tid over there. Vill se mer kort! Mer mer mer! Och ja, jag är lite impad av Ronnies skills med kameran. Kanske ska lära Mr D att ta outfitbilder med ;)
    Let me know när du kommer hem igen ok?? Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very cute outfit!! especially the skirt

    pls follow me back & feel free to leave comments<3

    http://tasteslikegold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog are gorgeous, photos are really well put together, and Ohh i love the bag, nice!!!

    ReplyDelete