Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm awake!!! I really really am. Super awake. Not tired. Tired? What? Not. At all. How could I be tired? I'm smiling!

Blue jeans, Cheap Monday. Cheetah print belt and coral top, Monki. Faux fur jacket, H&M. Brown leather satchel, Vero Moda. Brown leather litas, Jeffrey Campbell.

I'm sitting in the gate at the airport, waiting to board the plane, and I can't decide if I'm more tired than excited or the other way around. All I know is that I'm SO TIRED. And SO EXCITED. I didn't get that many hours of sleep, or any at all, but actually... yeah, I just made up my mind: I'm more excited than tired. In less than twelve hours, I will be reunited with my boyfriend in the city I've been dreaming about visiting since... forever!

When I started going through these outfit photos, my first thought was "wow, it's really light at 4:35 am!". My second thought: "wow, I don't look that tired - considering they were taken at, well, obviously 4:35 am". And then... my third thought. "Waaait a minute. Why am I smiling that utterly creepy smile? In every single photo?!". It seems like that forced Joey Potter smile is my face's way of saying "I'm awake!!! I really really really really really am. Super awake. Not tired. Tired? What? Not. At all. How could I be tired? I'm smiling! And super effortlessly at that! Ain't this awesome? The corners of my mouth are just pointing straight up!"


"I'm awake!!! I really really really really really am!" Sure you are, Joey. Sure you are.

The outfit I'm wearing is going to be way too warm for where I'm going, but it's a chilly morning in Sweden plus I'm always freezing cold on airplanes. And these blankets they give you? Are they seriously supposed to keep you warm? Try ten of them, that might be enough for me to stop shaking.

Come to think of it, though... It could be that I'm usually shaking because I hate flying so much. And the thickest blankets in the world can't change that.

As long as my plane doesn't crash, I'll talk to you again in twelve hours or so! But it doesn't seem like we're boarding any time soon, so I think I'll schedule a post or two to be posted while I'm in the air. That freaks me out a little, I must admit. The thought of the plane going up in flames and my body being burned unrecognizable while posts still showing up here like nothing happened... On the other hand, in that case, I suppose those pre-scheduled posts will be the least of my problems.





17 comments:

  1. Loving your outfit! You look fabulous!!



    Hope to see you on our blog,



    xoxo
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annika!

    I tried out you simple photo-editing and just wanted to thank you for your gorgeous blog (I read every post!) and especially for the tips about editing and the post "Everything you need to take your own outfit photos...". You inspired me to take a new step in photography and I linked this two articles on my last post (think you don't mind? :))

    http://my-eye.blogspot.com/2011/07/friend-with-breasts-and-all-rest.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I suppose those pre-scheduled posts will be the least of my problems." :-D made me laugh! Don't be afraid I think everything will be Ok and you're sure going to have a really great time! Have FUN! Exciting for the posts to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same way about flying. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I'm going to my Dad's wedding in London in a week and am absolutely convinced I'll crash on the flight there. But I probably won't. And you probably won't either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing.!

    Kisses from www.newyorkfashion-sh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag and your shorts are amazing! xxx

    eloisedephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh, come on, where are you going I'm sooo curious!!!! :D

    hope we're gonna find it out soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guessing you're going to NY - it seems quite possible if you have to travel 12 hours and you're such a fan of gossip girl. If I'm right, I start to be jealous right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so beautiful! Honestly, I wouldn't guess that you were sleepy at all!
    The blankets are useless. Truly they are. I've ride airplanes all the time, but most of the time I just sleep or watch a movie. It helps get rid of the fear from what I've heard :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. U look like great! Amazing outfit!
    Love uor blog *-*
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have an awesome time at NY!! I'm not jealous AT ALL! I'm just listening to Empire State of Mind. All day long. I'm not jealous. I'm not. Really. (They say that if I repeat this over and ever again, I'll believe it in the end!). I want pics, ok? Because as I said I'm NOT jealous! lol! And jeez, the plane won't crush lol! You're super optimistic today hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been flying around 40-50 times, and nothing worse has happend then a little turbulence. I am sure you will arrive safely in NY (oh all the bloggers I read are going to NY, is it only me going to old lovely London?) and have a great vacation there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome coat! Cant believe you managed to take pics so early, thats dedication! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're looking TOO cute!!! <3

    I have a similar coat! :D

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i wasn't thinking joey potter, i was thinking, are you ready for this?... marissa cooper from the o.c. (aka mischa barton). hope you landed safely annika.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete