Sunday, July 10, 2011

The return of the 13 year old awkwardness.

Floral print shorts and polka-dot print Oxfords, Monki. Straw hat, bought at a beach shop in Barbados. Black tank top, Weekday. Striped beach bag, Ikea.

In some of these photos - taken by Anna - I look exactly like I used to in my early teens. Not style wise, gosh no, but the face, the awkward smile... I honestly thought my face looked different back then, though now I realize it's just my expression that's changed. What brought the same old look back is, without a doubt, my lack of confidence in these photos. Due to my wet hair, no make up and a hastily thrown-together beach outfit, I didn't feel like all that to start with - and then when people were whispering and looking at us taking the photos, my face decided to bring back its 13 year old awkwardness. The "please-don't-hate-me-I'm-nobody-I-promise-look-how-innocent-and-completely-unthreatening-I-am-with-my-skew-smile"-look.


Anna kept telling me she was extremely uncomfortable, too - but I simply can't believe that! What does she have to feel uncomfortable about? Allright, I know it doesn't work like that, but I just find her so incredibly beautiful. To me, she's the epitome of a Swedish summer beauty - natural, happy, with her adorable freckles and sun-streaked hair. Not that a Swedish summer beauty can't look a thousand different ways, but I can't help wanting to put Anna's smiling face on a tourism brochure...




13 comments:

  1. You look really pretty! And pretty much all of my photos look like that--I guess because I am an awkward 13-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only take photos in our backyard, or in remote places 'cause i get really uncomfortable when people are acting weird whilest I'm taking photos. Anna looks gorgeous! i LOVE that last photo of her :) you both are incerdibly beautiful and talented ladies! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you looked then as beautiful as today, but maybe just in some other way, more childish:) love your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah very cute :)
    I agree about your friend Anna, and I really want her legs !




    xx





    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you looks so pretty :) nice outfit for summer♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. you & your sister are gorgeous! natural beauties!! cannot apprehend why hot babes like u two could feel awkward/ uncomfortable.

    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are looking so sweet and pretty, great blog.
    go on like this :)!

    love,
    anna-is-shambling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't look awkward, just cute! :) And Anna is truly beautiful.
    By the way I love your outfit today!

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both look beautiful! I love the shoes Anna and your top :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, love your blog, love your name as well, almost the same as mine!

    And second, you look superpretty in these photo's! I always feel exactly the same after swimming though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both are stunning ladies, true natural beauties:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your recent styles are so amazing. You're beautiful and I love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. man, i was hoping you would dig out a photo of 13 yr old you. that would've fun. although, i wouldn't share photos of 13 yr old me, on my blog either. let's just say it would be horrific.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete