Friday, July 22, 2011

Lost for words.


I can't even believe this.

I shop til I drop at Forever 21, I have sushi for lunch, coffee at Starbucks, I chat with our landlady about the heat, I go upstairs, turn on the airconditioner and then the computer, and I find out Oslo is being turned into a warzone.

My heart goes out to everyone involved. I can't even begin to fathom this tragedy, it's beyond words, beyond everything. I pray to God that no more attacks will follow and that everyone who can still be saved will be.

Read about the terror in Norway on CNN.com.

7 comments:

  1. Watched the devastation for half an hour straight on the news :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this Annika, hope that your friends and family are safe and no where close to this mindless destruction and my heart goes out to all the innocent people suffering due to actions of a few morons...There were attacks in Bombay just last week and I know exactly the horror people in Norway are feeling...Please know that there are people like me all over the world who condemn these actions
    xxxxxx
    http://iloveagudbargain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT's truly horror... We - I work at the biggest daily newspaper's foreign desk - were to know about this among the first people, and it was a shock. (And we had to draw a totally different page in the paper, so the editors were like "WTF now..")
    Although I was really mad, because all day I could only hear that "those bastards muslim extremists" and I was like: they don't even know yet who did it. And it turned out, that it was a far right group of people... So, I was a bit mad at them because of this preconception.
    But also it's really shocking, because there were no such terror act since the WWII.
    I feel really sorry about them, and I can't even imagine the shooting in that youth camp...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm happy that you're from Sweden :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't believe it when I heard about the tragedy. My heart and my thoughts go out to beautiful Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's terrible! It sickened me so much, I can't believe anyone would ever wanted to do that! I hope everyone is Oslo knows that everyone in the world cares for them.

    ReplyDelete