Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Be so kind to let him in, good sir! This jolly fellow is of age now!


Let's end this fabulous day by wishing my darling baby brother Axel a big, fat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

As of today, he's 21 and can no longer be kept out of the clubs. I have a feeling the city of Tampa will never be the same again...

The day Axel was born, I had never, ever been happier, and I can say with completely honesty that becoming a big sister is still what has meant the most to me in my life. To be the oldest of four has shaped me in so many ways, it has made me the person I am today, and that whole journey started exactly 21 years ago.

Thank you for choosing me to be your big sis, Axel, and thank you for being the most awesome little brother any girl could ever ask for. I know I am so lucky to have you.







PS. Oh, yeah. My brother is Swedish, he spent his teen years in southern Spain and he now goes to University of Tampa. Quite the little globetrotter, that one. That's also why I love my University of Tampa t-shirt so much - it's something to hold on to while my baby bro is far away. DS.


PS2. The blog post title is simply what I would say if I went out to a bar in the US with my brother tonight, and... well... If I, for some reason, were from 18th century England. DS2.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday little bro! It's so weird seeing your siblings grow up. My little sister turned 22 last month and I still can't believe it.

    <3
    Megg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I'm NOT making this up. I promise! I'm the oldest of FOUR too ;) (Although in my family I have an older half-sister as well, so she's the oldest of five if that makes sense? My family usually confuses people, but I think you get it.) So I know it's so exciting when the babies become adults!
    Much love,
    Izzy
    www.misadventuresofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Axel, may all your wishes come true !

    Love,

    Patricia
    www.leathershock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you're blog, you have a new follower :D

    x*
    www.ireneccloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratiolations! A little bit late, but I hope it still counts ;).
    I adore the picture of your brother with your kitty. It warms my heart everytime I look at it. Much love!

    ReplyDelete