Friday, July 8, 2011

November 8, 2009.


That was the date that I posted my very first look on Lookbook.nu!

The photos were taken in my dad's backyard in LA, by my then 15 year old sister Wendi, before going into Hollywood Boulevard to shop fun and cheap vintage, eat hamburgers and look at all the weird and wonderful people who frequent that street. It's pretty cool that noone has ever been able to take nicer outfit photos of me than my baby sister! She's quite the talented photographer, that one.

I can't believe it's not even been two years since that day. It feels like forever and then some. And I can't help thinking that things were so much better back then. Easier.

That's not true, though, I realize that. It's just our memories' way of coping with everything that happens to us. Things weren't at all easier in November of 2009: some were, sure, but other - quite the opposite. 

But I guess that's the thing with time. It keeps moving forward, for better and for worse, and we can't ever go back. All we can do is make sure we never forget how things used to be, and try to learn from them.

What I can say with certainty is this: the day we took those photos, that was a good one. It really was. That's not my memory playing tricks on me. That particular day, I was happy.

Black sequin leggings, navy blazer and tank top, Forever 21 (I guess I'd just come back from a shopping spree in there, haha!). Glasses and hat, Iguana Vintage Clothing. Black wedges, Din Sko.

16 comments:

  1. Haha funny ! We can see your style has evolved a lot ! :) then you dressed more like a teenage girl, now more like a woman
    Lovely :)




    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coralie, aaw, you think? Thank you, sweetie! I could actually wear that exact same outfit today - except for the funny shirt with painted faces on it. :) Now I'd probably wear a tucked-in, creme colored silk shirt with the rest of the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this sort of rockstar outfit :) and one can really tell you were happy and having fun on that very day.. this is also one of the reasons i love blogging - being able to know how you felt and what you were like on one particular day few years ago, day that otherwise could get forgotten

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny that me and my friends were talking about our childhood and stuff and this post came up. November 8? That was my birthday! Wow...that's kinda weird :))
    You look amazing! I love the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fascinator!

    www.blackandblondeone.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the little hat and the glasses! :)
    Shinny pants! Nice...

    It´s always good to go shopping. And you seem very happy smiling like that :D

    please, take a look at my blog, I´ll appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pictures! Doesn't seem fair that you have had amazing pictures from the beginning, haha. I wish you were in Hollywood now because then we could meet and go shopping! Would be so lovely.

    Love the hat!

    Kaylee Nicole
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! You do look really happy, and incredibly stylish! This is such a sweet post, and I am glad that you are able to look back upon this fondly.

    Hope that you can come to my website, The Internet Garbage, and load up on some cheery music!
    The Internet Garbage

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do look very happy in these pictures! I really love your blog.

    P.S. I have tagged you for a blogger award on my blog.

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've an awesome blog! Your English is good, you shouldn't worry much!:D
    You should do a Harry potter inspired outfit! Haha.:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah i agree with coralie! love this post! one day i will be able to do that as well :) should be funny!

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love them! don't you?

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete